Windows 10: Disable Device without Restarting

Discus and support Disable Device without Restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable a device without restarting? I'm using DevCon to disable a game controller on my computer and it always says it needs a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/McMull500, May 6, 2020.

1. Disable Device without Restarting

Is there a way to disable a device without restarting? I'm using DevCon to disable a game controller on my computer and it always says it needs a restart. I know it doesn't. It's a game controller for gods sake! I can rip the thing out if I wanted to and Windows would carry on.

If this isn't the place to be asking this question, please point me in the right direction. Disable Device without Restarting :)

submitted by /u/McMull500
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/McMull500, May 6, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 6, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 6, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Disable Device without Restarting

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Disable Device without Restarting

1. Disable Device without Restarting - Similar Threads - Disable Device without

2. Line in not switching output to the default device without restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in not switching output to the default device without restart: I’ve got my PS4 hooked in to my monitor with an HDMI cable. The PS4 doesn’t have audio out, but the monitor does. I’m running a 3.5 inch male to male connection from the monitor to the line in on my sound card. I’ve set the system to listen to the device and play on the...
  3. Disabled device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabled device: I cannot activate Microsoft office on my computer with my e-mail address. it is written :To fix this, contact your system administrator and provide the error code 135011 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-device/bb11a039-41bd-4474-b9c7-28aa59113fea
  4. How do I hide audio devices without disabling them?

How do I hide audio devices without disabling them?: I'm using a Virtual Audio driver to playback my Spotify to an Audio Visualizer on Wallpaper Engine, but I don't plan on actually using the audio device. Is there a way to hide it WITHOUT disabling it? submitted by /u/SoLaRstrix86 [link] [comments]...
  5. BSOD without restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD without restarting: Hello. So i have problems with BSOD. Getting them randomly about last 2 months. After BSOD, it never restarts back to windows usage and it is left with 0% done. So i have to always reset it manually by start-up button. What i found out is, that bsod happens only when hdmi is...
  6. Restarting without warning

Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  7. How to re-enable device without getting a restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to re-enable device without getting a restart?: I have disabled Intel P530 on-board Display adapter in order to used 3D program that can't switch VGA. Then, normally I will enable it back with no problem. However, I can't enable it back this time as it will restart the computer as soon as I enable it. Updating Intel P530...
  8. USB devices wont power on without a PC restart,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices wont power on without a PC restart,: As stated in the subject line, no USB devices are recognized or powered on unless I restart my PC. I have reinstalled all USB hubs in the device manager as well as making sure windows cannot power them off automatically. Any help would be appreciated, this is getting rather...
  9. Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones disabling without disabling speakers: Hi, I have a dell latitude 3189 with windows 10 on it. I wanted to ask something. My headphone jack is stuck in the headphone port. Its pretty annoying because my laptop detects the little piece of the headphone jack. Can disable my headphones without disabling my speakers?...
  10. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340

Users found this page by searching for:

1. devcon disable without reboot