Windows 10: Disable dragging windows below the screen?

Discus and support Disable dragging windows below the screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable dragging windows below the screen? Currently, i can take any window and drag it below my task bar and it seems like its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dom S 15, May 19, 2019.

1. Dom S 15 Win User

Disable dragging windows below the screen?

Is there a way to disable dragging windows below the screen? Currently, i can take any window and drag it below my task bar and it seems like its causing issues with my second display connected. I want to be able to lock the dimensions around my screen. Not sure if this is a resolution problem or what but it just seems like the device is set to have larger dimensions than the actual screen size and its throwing me off. Could anyone help with this? Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

:)

Dom S 15, May 19, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 19, 2019
  3. How to disable automatic maximize while dragging a window

For Windows 10 go to:

• Start menu

• Settings

• Search "snap"

• Switch off "arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen

Sherrie Fuqua, May 19, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable dragging windows below the screen? - Similar Threads - Disable dragging below

2. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  3. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  4. Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows

Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows: When I try to drag a window across screens with a high DP mouse the window and cursor get stuck on the edge of the screen. It won't let the cursor across into the next screen while dragging the window. With a lower DP mouse it works fine. I have All 6 sub settings under "Snap...
  5. How to disable drag to monitor box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  6. How to disable drag to monitor box?

How to disable drag to monitor box?: When i click and drag any window, a box appears and if i stop within that box, it either maximizes the window if it can, or snaps it to the left side of the screen. How do i disable this box?...
  7. Black screen with window and scrolling below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with window and scrolling below: I want to install Windows 10 and after set up process while automatically restarting it's showing black screen with window sign and below it white scrolling . I waited for more than 6 hrs but it's not openingg.....
  8. Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging: So since my trackpad is trash I had to enable this and it's likeable, my issue with this is that if I tap 2 times in a "short" time on a chrome tab, for instance, it will start dragging it and its really annoying. Basically I want it to register a click, but not remembering...
  9. Disable information below the date on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable information below the date on the lock screen: Hi folks. I have disabled notifications and reminders on the lock screen, but I still get messages below the date such as "Day after Thanksgiving" today. How can I disable that? Small nuisance but surprised i have not been able to turn that off. It was not always there. And...
  10. Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Maximized Window Dragging in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Dragging Maximized Windows in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, you can drag a maximized window from its title bar to restore down or move to another display. This...