Windows 10: Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install

Discus and support Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I disable driver updates during a clean windows install? From what I can tell it starts doing driver updates in the background right around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greg Motter, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install

How can I disable driver updates during a clean windows install?

From what I can tell it starts doing driver updates in the background right around where you enter your microsoft credentials and I've been able to confirm it is forcing me to take a bad driver that corrupts the install this was confirmed through an offline install and I can't start windows after that happens. I get a page fault in unpaged area error and cannot start windows or restart it.

I need to be able to disable a driver update as the online clean install is happening. I've googled and have not been able to find it.

I do have a support ticket opened and waiting for a call back from the eschalation team but they've missed their time by 4 hours now. :

Thanks if you have the answer.

:)

Greg Motter, Oct 25, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install

1. Disable Driver Updates during online Clean Windows install - Similar Threads - Disable Driver Updates

2. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  3. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  4. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. number of optional drivers during clean install of windows 10

number of optional drivers during clean install of windows 10: Hi guys,few months ago a have done clean install of windows 10 and downloaded optional updates that offered drivers to install. number of drivers was 27.......yesterday, a had to preform clean install again, and windows 10 offers only 17 drivers to install.is that ok or...
  8. Windows 10 does not go online and search for an updated driver during hardware installation now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not go online and search for an updated driver during hardware installation now: Hi, My company manufactures smart card readers. We also develop the vendor provided CCID PCSC drivers for our readers. These drivers are tested and signed per WHQL requirements such that Windows system can download and install these drivers when our readers are connected to...
  9. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  10. Actions during a clean install

Actions during a clean install: When doing a clean install and after clicking to do a custom install you get a box will all the current drives on the hard disk. I chose to reformat the C:/ drive as I have done many times. then continued. Today I received a message about GPT and that the partitions on the...