Windows 10: Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog

Discus and support Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I took a quick peek at Shawn's tutorial but it is now up to 17 pages : ) Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog

I took a quick peek at Shawn's tutorial but it is now up to 17 pages : )

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

I have taken to only downloading updates from the catalog approx. a month or so after they are released and was curious if there was any way to exclude driver updates in those cum update packages as opposed to the method outlined in the above tutorial when you DL from Windows Update or would implementing one or more of the tutorial methods work on updates downloaded from the catalog. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 22, 2019

2. Windows Update Catalog / Search Options

Hello ANoTest,

Windows Update Catalog is a website that offers updates for computers. Through this, you can download Windows Updates manually. Here are the steps on how to download Update from Window Update Catalog manually:

• OpenWindows Update Catalog.
    • In the search text box, type your search terms. (Example: Windows 10 1607 X64)
    • Click Search.
    • Browse the list that is displayed to select the updates that you want to download.
    • Click Add for each selection to add it to the download basket.
    • Click view basket under the Search box to view the download basket.
    • Verify your list of updates, and then click Download.
    • Note If you are prompted, click Accept to accept the license agreement.
    • Select the location where you want to save the updates. You can either type the full path of the folder, or you can click Browse to locate the folder.
    • Click Continue to start the download.
    • When the download is complete, click Close to close the Download Window.
    • Close the Windows Update Catalog Window.
    • Find the location that you specified in step 9.
      Note: If you have downloaded device drivers for installation, go to
      Installing Drivers.
    • Double-click each update, and then follow the instructions to install the update. If the updates are intended for another computer, copy the updates to that computer, and then double-click the updates to install them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 22, 2019
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

4. btarunr Win User

Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog

1. Disable Driver Updates If You DL Updates From The Catalog - Similar Threads - Disable Driver Updates

2. Disabling driver updates from windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling driver updates from windows update: How do I stop Windows Update from constantly updating my AMD Graphics, HP and Realtek Devices? Please mention the direct methods built into Windows settings or any other place first before suggesting something like registry edits....
  3. Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog

Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog: Hi, Firstly wasn't sure if this should go here or in the driver group! I've got a custom 21H1 WIM, done totally manually using DISM. I also store the .exe files on the USB stick for the vendor drivers but want to automate this bit. Using MDT/SCCM etc. no problem, but never...
  4. MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?: Hello,Once a day I visit the "MS Update Catalog" if there is / are new updates for my system. (Auto update is turned off).I enter in the search box 1903 x64 which is my system. For almost two weeks there were no new updates (even today 16-Jul).From your site, in the "News"...
  5. MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?: Hello,Once a day I visit the "MS Update Catalog" if there is / are new updates for my system. (Auto update is turned off).I enter in the search box 1903 x64 which is my system. For almost two weeks there were no new updates (even today 16-Jul).From your site, in the "News"...
  6. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  7. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....
  8. Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?

Is it safe installing updates from Microsoft Update Catalog?: Hello everyone! After struggling with the 0x80080008 error while checking for updates in the Settings tab, I decided to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog to download it manually. I did a Google search of the August 2019 KB number and I have a question regarding my OS. It had...
  9. Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update

Update from Windows Update Catalog not recognized by Windows Update: Hi, I have multiple computers and capped bandwidth for my home office, so I use Windows Update Catalog to grab large updates, then run each update on multiple machines. The problem is, the last few times for Windows 10, Windows Update does not "know" the update occurred, so...
  10. installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing drivers from the update catalog (cab files format): hi Microsoft: I installed two drivers I downloaded from the update catalog. They are in cab format. I extracted the two files and it created two folders. I opened both and when I saw files that states, setup information under type, I right clicked on it and clicked on...