Windows 10: Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

Discus and support Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gorgor, May 23, 2019.

1. gorgor Win User

Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

So I upgraded to 1903...

and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

None of the options described here are working anymore: Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

I applied them all, again, option two:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\SettingsExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate DWORD0 = On1 = Off

option three via group policy editor, yes I have Pro, and option four:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdateExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate DWORD(delete) = Enable1 = Disable

Removed the Intel DPTF drivers with "remove driver" option, rebooted, but Windows 10 still will donwload them again and place them into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folder ( How to clear the 'SoftwareDistribution' folder on Windows 10 and make updates happen again | Windows Central ) does not help anything.

Even the new feature of pausing updates for 7 days doesnt help here.

JUST GREAT! Thank you MS *Smile

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

gorgor, May 23, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 23, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, May 23, 2019
  4. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903 :)

Thermopylae_480, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

1. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903 - Similar Threads - Disable driver updates

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...: I am using an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT. It works fine when I am running an older version of the driver. I was annoyed that Windows Update always automatically update my GPU driver after I have downgraded, and I want to stop Windows Update from updating my GPU driver because it...
  5. How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Updates through Windows Update Without disabling...: I am using an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT. It works fine when I am running an older version of the driver. I was annoyed that Windows Update always automatically update my GPU driver after I have downgraded, and I want to stop Windows Update from updating my GPU driver because it...
  6. Driver Updates Through Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver Updates Through Windows 10: I'm trying to decide how I want to setup my Windows update settings in regards to the driver settings. I know that I can disable driver updates in GPO settings, but I'm wondering if I should just let Windows install my drivers. I don't know which drivers it will attempt to...
  7. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?: I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10: https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though I did, if it matters, but nothing Corsair is currently connected to my computer), and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my...
  8. driver update for 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver update for 1903: hi joydeep sir after I do fully format of my pc how I shall update all of my drivers for 1903. I am running windows 10 1903 home sl 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-update-for-1903/adb45d3f-9c0c-41cd-b999-474479883e56
  9. update drivers for 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update drivers for 1903: hi joydeep sir how to update drivers for windows 10 1903,and also what are the new features included in 1903 and also are there any performance improvements added in 1903 ,and also sir did 1903 is fully stable.i mean are there any bugs....
  10. Windows 10 driver update through windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 driver update through windows update: Hi, I'm Ben I've just upgraded to the latest Windows 10 October update yesterday. But that's not the problem the problem is that when I click "check for updates". It does accordingly but then it tries to update my AMD graphics card to a version that my "Catalyst manager" DOES...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows 1903 drivers update