Windows 10: Disable drives like "G" via GPO?

Discus and support Disable drives like "G" via GPO? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Moin, I'm currently building a Citrix Farm with virtual machines (Windows 10 for the clients and Windows Server 2016 for the servers) running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GreenBoxBjoern, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Disable drives like "G" via GPO?

Moin, I'm currently building a Citrix Farm with virtual machines (Windows 10 for the clients and Windows Server 2016 for the servers) running on terminal servers, now I don't want the users connecting to the Citrix Farm to see any drives.
    By default it is possible to disable or hide the drives via GPO, but you can't hide all drives there, only from A-D (I think).
    Now to my problem I still have drives like E and G, how can I hide them? It is possible to hide the drives locally with regedit, but that is not the whole point.

With kind regards

:)

GreenBoxBjoern, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Disable drives like "G" via GPO?

Drive G

This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)

Type in the following:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)

remove letter="G"

Replace G with the Recovery drive letter.

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Disable drives like "G" via GPO?

1. Disable drives like "G" via GPO? - Similar Threads - Disable drives via

2. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  3. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  4. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  5. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  6. Default printer via GPO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default printer via GPO: hey all , im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO can someone guide me how to do that ? 178471
  7. Setting Defender Options via GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Defender Options via GPO: Hi all, I am trying to change a setting for 'App & browser control' --> 'Check apps and files' from 'Warn' to 'Block' via a GPO setting. I believe that I have the latest Windows Defender template installed. I cannot see an option to enforce the 'Block' setting, I I can...
  8. How do you disable the Action Center icon via GPO?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the Action Center icon via GPO?: On build 1809 LTSC, we have "Remove Notifications and Action Center" enabled in User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar. Policy is being correctly applied to workstation. However, the Action Center icon is still showing. We did not see this...
  9. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...
  10. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...