Windows 10: Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

Discus and support Disable Dropbox and Google Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't want my Dropbox or Google Drive to sync, I know I can turn them off manually, but I 'd like to have them off when I or my wife logs in. Is that possible?

:)

rboppy, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Srimadhwa B Win User
    Saving from dropbox on computer to external hardrive

Hi Annie,

I realize that you are facing issues with the dropbox files. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Are you trying to save files to an external drive or the dropbox online storage account?
    Suggest you to access the files directly from the web account of the dropbox and check if you are able to download and save the files on the PC locally. Once the files are saved successfully then you can move them to the external
    drive.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

New Dropbox folder

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?
    If you are facing any issues with Dropbox, I suggest you to post the query on Dropbox forums for further assistance.

Refer to the below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/help

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive - Similar Threads - Disable Dropbox Google

2. Dropbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dropbox: My wife installed Dropbox yesterday and it now appears to have taken control of her Windows 10 OS. Dropbox appears to be using all the CPU and the system won't log in properly. I can't break into the computer using F8 key so I can start up in safe mode. Any suggestions....
  3. Google drive maintanence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google drive maintanence: I was just notified by Google Drive that I was using 14.9gb of my allocated 15gb if space. How did that happen?? Turns out my "Documents" folder was mysteriously set to sync. I would have never knowingly made that selection. It never showed on my local google drive folder,...
  4. Alternative to Dropbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to Dropbox: Hi. I've been using Dropbox for the past few weeks. It is great but 2GB of storage is nowhere near enough. Before that, I was using Mediafire, but it was laggy, slow at updating and didn't have a desktop app. Basically, I'm looking for a free cloud storage, which you can...
  5. Sign in Google Drive

Sign in Google Drive: I signed in successfully in Windows 7, but 10 somehow evades me & goes to my browser Firefox. I don't know what to do. 23672
  6. Google Drive error

Google Drive error: installed google drive on my laptop and pc and get the same error [img] 16048
  7. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Drive: I want to buy email tech support for google drive. Does anyone know how much it costs and where I go to upgrade. I am new to all this. thanks. [img] 49047
  8. Google disables domain-fronting

in Windows 10 News
    Google disables domain-fronting: An update to the Google App Engine has disabled a technique known as 'domain-fronting' which allowed blocked services to help users bypass state-level firewalls by passing internet traffic through a domain that isn't blocked by the government, thereby giving one free access...
  9. Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google

in Windows 10 News
    Switch Free to OneDrive for Business from Box, Dropbox, or Google: OneDrive makes sharing and file management easier in the cloud, enabling people to securely store, access, and share their files and photos from anywhere, across their devices. Choosing to store your files in OneDrive instead of other cloud storage providers allows you to...
  10. Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

in Windows 10 News
    Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.: Hackers don't even need your password anymore to get access to your cloud data. Newly published research, released at the Black Hat conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday by security firm Imperva, shows how a "man-in-the-cloud" attack can grab cloud-based files -- as well as...