Windows 10: Disable Edge from opening at Start

Discus and support Disable Edge from opening at Start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I followed the latest directions I found in the Forum that were over a year old, until I couldn't. My system is Windows 10 Home version 1903. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bigfoote, Dec 4, 2019.

1. bigfoote Win User

Disable Edge from opening at Start

I followed the latest directions I found in the Forum that were over a year old, until I couldn't. My system is Windows 10 Home version 1903. I've opted out of S Mode. My browser is Chrome, and I find it extremely annoying and time consuming to have to close Edge every time I start my new laptop. Can someone help? Thanks

:)

bigfoote, Dec 4, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Edge start screen

Hi Hobo,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Select Top sites and suggested content from the Open new tabs with drop down menu.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if you are able to open new tabs with the suggested sites.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Disable Edge from opening at Start

Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Disable Edge from opening at Start

1. Disable Edge from opening at Start - Similar Threads - Disable Edge opening

2. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10: I used to be able to disable microsoft edge when you click on it from the start menu and no pop-up browser will appear. Basically, I did it by renaming my Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe directory in my C:\Windows\SystemApps. Now after I upgraded my OS to windows 10...
  3. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10: I used to be able to disable microsoft edge when you click on it from the start menu and no pop-up browser will appear. Basically, I did it by renaming my Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe directory in my C:\Windows\SystemApps. Now after I upgraded my OS to windows 10...
  4. How to disable Microsoft Edge from the start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  6. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  7. Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled: As stated in the title. I have "Show Suggestions" disabled under Personalization, but got another start menu ad for Edge today on my start menu. Unfortunately I X'd out the ad before digging farther into this, but I'm pretty pissed off. Yes, it's a small issue--but I...
  8. After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open: After the update today I cannot Click on Start and Settings and open Settings. I click on the Edge Symbol either in the Start menu or in the bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. The same thing happens with mail. Mail will not open. There is nothing I can...
  9. How can I disable Edge from opening .pdf files?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I disable Edge from opening .pdf files?: As the title says, how can I disable edge from opening .pdf files and use Adobe reader instead? I have set Adobe as the default program to open .pdf files, but edge is still trying to open them, sometimes without success. Thanks Sven 43846
  10. open .disabled file at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    open .disabled file at start up: When I turn my computer on now, it ask me to open .disabled files. I checked start up and there are no .disabled files. This is what is starting up: Screenshot I didn't install anything new so I have no idea what it is. 33334