Windows 10: disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

Discus and support disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottGus, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ScottGus Win User

disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572.

I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI]
    "AllowEdgeSwipe"=dword:00000000

I have a basic Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad. It came with no drivers or applications. It merely connects via Bluetooth and give my tablet a keyboard and mouse pointer.

When I edge swipe on the trackpad, the tablet responds with the normal edge swipe actions that it used to do when I edge-swiped with the touch screen.

I wish to turn these touchpad edge swipes off.

There is no app or extra tab that opens in Mouse Settings for the trackpad. There is no Touchpad in Settings > Devices. There are no added drivers for the device.

How do I turn off the trackpad edge swipe?

:)

ScottGus, Oct 16, 2020
  2. djhnsn043 Win User

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Joris_D13 Win User
    Joris_D13, Oct 16, 2020
  4. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

Disable "swipe from edge" gesture only when using the pen?

I would like to disable the "swipe from edge" gestures only when using the pen. The gestures, as is, make using the pen a frustrating experience. I'd really like to draw without worrying about rapidly switching apps.

I'm only interested in disabling the "swipe from edge" gestures when using a pen. I still need to use them when using my finger as well as the trackpad. I do not want to disable the touchscreen.

I'm using a Surface Pro 3.

CoreyO`Connor, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

1. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad - Similar Threads - disable edge swipe

2. Cannot disable trackpad anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot disable trackpad anymore?: So recently I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop, and only a few minor things changed. I do not use the trackpad whatsoever so I figured I would disable it via pressing the key on the keyboard... it didn't work. I figured that I would have to go into the settings and...
  3. How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Screen Edge Swipe is a great feature that provides you better menu access and control in touch devices. But not every user finds it useful. […] This article How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home: I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 tablet both running Home edition. While the edge swipe feature is quite useful on the tablet, it is a real pain on the laptop especially when it is connected to a large screen display. With only a fairly small area on the touchpad...
  5. How to disable the swipe taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the swipe taskbar.: Hello, I recently fully reinstalled my Windows 10 for other reasons. Now, I cannot see the taskbar and the only way to do it is to hover my mouse to the place it usually is supposed to be, now, it is no big deal but I just kinda got used to it. Does not seem like a problem...
  6. Edge Chromium swipe two finger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium swipe two finger: I need help for Microsoft Edge Chromium for Windows 10.I have an HP Pavilion that uses a synaptics touchpad that arent using precision drivers. What happens is that when I swipe with 2 fingers up or down on Edge, when it ends moving the page it automatically open the right...
  7. disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish): Cannot even find out if I have a surface pro 3 or 4, only info is: BaseBoard Version Not Available System SKU Surface_Pro_1796 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro After intensive search on the internet I found three "solutions" to disabling...
  8. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  9. How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?

How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?: As the title states, I need to turn off the feature that enables Task View when swiping from the left side of my trackpad. I use my computer on a large TV and going from the left side of the screen towards the right means a long swipe from one end of my trackpad to the other....
  10. Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 [info]If you Windows 10 PC or device has a touchscreen, you could swipe in from a screen edge to invoke a system UI below. Swipe in from the right...