Windows 10: Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

Discus and support Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just received this laptop and need to disable the pinch zoom. If it is not possible, I would like to return the laptop. James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesBarnard3, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

I just received this laptop and need to disable the pinch zoom. If it is not possible, I would like to return the laptop.

James

:)

JamesBarnard3, Nov 12, 2019

2. Disable Pinch Zoom Permanently

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. I have turned off my pinch zoom by going to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad, additional mouse options, synaptics settings and unclicking the pinch zoom box. While this works as a temporary solution, every time
    I restart my computer the pinch zoom is enabled again. I would like to disable the pinch zoom permanently so I do not have to go through the settings each time I turn on my computer. Is there a way to make the setting change permanent?

JustineCallen, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Can you disable 'pinch to zoom' on Windows 10?

Hi Ashani,

You can disable the Pinch to zoom feature in Windows 10 by following the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    2. On the run command box, type main.cpl and then hit
      Enter
    3. On the Mouse Properties window, go to the ClickPad,
      ThinkPad or TouchPad tab.
    4. Click Settings to open the Synaptics Control Panel.
    5. Go to Gestures tab and then uncheck the Pinch Zoom option.
    6. Click Apply and then hit OK.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 12, 2019
  4. SFB1 Win User

Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

How to disable Pinch Zoom option in Windows 10

Hello. I can only tell you what I found on my HP laptop, (sadly I am no computer cleverclogs, and I can only presume that what I see is also seen by anyone else on any laptop. ie these 'settings' are common to all and not laptop dependent - yes computer
    geeks can laugh at that!!.)

The 'Click pad settings' is not in a list. Today I checked and when I clicked Additional Mouse Settings it brought up the Mouse Properties box. The Clickpad Settings at the right hand end of the top bar now has a white symbol on a red background to
    the left of Clickpad Settings which I am sure was not there before. In the middle of this Clickpad Settings view, towards the top is a box with 'click pad settings'.

I tried using the snipping tool to copy and paste this here, but it failed.

I can only add that since writing the original moan, I had to have my laptop repaired, and Windows 10 re-installed. I no longer seem to have this pinch zoom problem!! I cannot explain that, but maybe that is why the Clickpad Settings now has this symbol
    (and the Pinch Zoom option is unchecked). Obviously I am delighted!! Good luck with disabling this most annoying feature.

Thema:

Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

1. Disable ELAN Clickpad Pinch Zoom Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100 - Similar Threads - Disable ELAN Clickpad

2. Elan Clickpad Stops Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Clickpad Stops Working: Hi,My PC is an HP Stream 14 running Windows 10 Version 1703. My clickpad stopped working somewhere around October last year, and I've still not found a fix. At first, I thought it was a software issue, so I uninstalled the clickpad's driver, reinstalled it, installed it from...
  3. Pinch zoom disable on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinch zoom disable on desktop: i have a couch pc setup and i'd like to disable pinch zoom for my wireless keyboard + track pad. seems like the option is only available on laptops. any suggestions or solutions? thank you submitted by /u/didyoutryyet [link] [comments]...
  4. volume issues Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume issues Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100: I've been having problems with the sound and it's really frustrating. It started a couple of weeks ago. I'm not good with electronics. I've checked for updates that needed to be done. The volume will start out fine for about 5-10 seconds and then it will get super low for...
  5. Disabling pinch zoom feature on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling pinch zoom feature on HP laptop: I'm trying to disable the pinch zoom feature on my Windows 10 HP laptop. I've tried following the normal instructions but I do not have the options listed. Please help! This is making life so difficult! Thanks!...
  6. Can't Disable Pinch Zoom

Can't Disable Pinch Zoom: Hello! I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, and have tried all of the solutions offered on the forum about disabling pinch to zoom. However, I do not have Device Settings > Mouse & Touchpad, I only have Mouse OR Touchpad. In either of those menus or their advanced/additional...
  7. disable pinch zoom

disable pinch zoom: I have followed every instruction I can find and I cannot turn off pinch zoom. It's to the point that if I can't get this done I will be returning this computer because it doesn't function. Everything I try to do takes 10 times longer than it should because I have to reset...
  8. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  9. Unable to disable pinch zoom

Unable to disable pinch zoom: Hi there, I am having serious trouble with the pinch zoom option on my Lenovo. I just got this laptop 3 weeks ago, and every time I am scrolling down or just tap the touchpad, it zooms in or out, and it is driving me crazy! The model is a Lenovo ideapad 330, I've looked...
  10. Disable Pinch Zoom

Disable Pinch Zoom: Hi all, I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 330 with windows 10. I works well except for the fact that pages keep zooming in and out when I touch the mousepad. I looked at advice given to others with this problem and it doesn't see to work for me because my menu seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan touchpad disable pinch zoom

2. elan clickpad reviews

3. thinkpad turn off pinch to zoom

4. disable window 10 pinch zoom on elan pointing device,
  5. elan touchpad pinch zoom disable