Windows 10: Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by esenes stan, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

Hi there,

I have recently found out that each time ELAN driver gets installed on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen Error message pop-up when rebooting my laptop. After every Windows update, I need to boot my laptop in Safe Mode and delete the ELAN driver in order for it to function properly.

I have tried using "Windows Show or Hide Update" package but it doesn't show me ELAN driver on the list.

I even tried using Powershell to force stop the driver but it didn't work as well.

Help.

:)

esenes stan, Oct 9, 2018

2. Is there a way to hide or otherwise get rid of the "ELAN driver update for ELAN Input Device"?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

To disable the driver from device manager. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo + I Key.

• Select device manager.

• Right click on the Elan driver in device manager and click on disable.

You may refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Ravinath P, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

Elan driver update failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Disable Anti-virus software

the issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10

1. Disable ELAN driver update in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable ELAN driver

2. Windows 10 keeps disabling ELAN TouchPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps disabling ELAN TouchPad: My elan TouchPad on my Toshiba s50 keeps getting disabled randomly by windows 10, I can fumble aroind most times to get it to work for a bit and then it disables again as it has at the moment. Just the other day I uninstalled the driver rebooted,... TouchPad enabled.... 30...
  3. Elan TouchPad keeps disabling in Windows 10

Elan TouchPad keeps disabling in Windows 10: I have a Toshiba s50 laptop and for as long as I can remember the TouchPad just keeps randomly disabling. With a bunch of fumbling around I might get it to work again and then again it stops. Just the other day I removed the TouchPad from device manager and rebooted. At 1st...
  4. Elan TouchPad keeps disabling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Elan TouchPad keeps disabling in Windows 10: I have a Toshiba s50 laptop and for as long as I can remember the TouchPad just keeps randomly disabling. With a bunch of fumbling around I might get it to work again and then again it stops. Just the other day I removed the TouchPad from device manager and rebooted. At 1st...
  5. Elan Touchpad Disable

Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  6. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  7. Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click: I have a new Lenovo laptop V14 - ARE. I have been driving myself crazy looking for a way to disable tap to click. The fact that this is not easy to do is a glaring failure on Lenovo's part. I tried all sorts of stuff an looked all around. Nothing I could get would work....
  8. ELAN DRIVER is a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    ELAN DRIVER is a problem: Every time I update and the Elan driver is installed, my touchpad has a problem and the cursor acts crazy jumping all over!! So every time I have to uninstall the driver until the next update. This is very annoying!!. Is there any solution to this problem? All this...
  9. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  10. elan touchpad driver update

elan touchpad driver update: Been reading here and using win 10 from the outset. On latest build, updated this morning. This Elan touchpad driver keeps coming in through windows update and it just screws up my touchpad more than anything. When it loads up I can no longer use right or left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ELAN driver update

2. how to disable elan input device auto install

3. how to uninstall elan input devic driver

4. delete elan driver update for elan input device,
  5. ELAN driver update for ELAN Input Device ao722,
  6. delete elan driver disavle ipdaye,
  7. uninstall elan windows 10,
  8. elan windows services ,
  9. ELAN driver update for ELAN Input DeviceWindows,
  10. how to remove elan driver,
  11. how to disable elan driver,