Windows 10: disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

Discus and support disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amandamontejano, Jun 15, 2020.

1. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

Hello,

I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area without it pushing a button here and there. I'm pretty careful with the amount of pressure I put on the keyboard yet the mousepad or scroll buttons get pushed here and there.

Any advice would be very much appreciated! I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of a hinge that lays the screen flat...

:)

amandamontejano, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

keyboard

Hi ronks,

Windows 10 tablets has a feature to enable and disable the on screen keyboard. We suggest that you disable the on-screen keyboard through the control panel by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Control Panel and select the top most result.
    • Type ease of access center in the control panel and open it.
    • Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard".
    • Make sure that the "Use on-screen keyboard" is unchecked.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Keyboard and Mouse

Hi Habib,

If you've encountered the problem only after installing the Windows Anniversary Update, we suggest disabling the keyboard and the mouse and re-enabling them back after rebooting the PC. Please also check the answer of Yashwanth Kotakuri from this link:

USB Keyboard and Mouse Not Working
    for the steps on how to do it.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jun 15, 2020
  4. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

1. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature? - Similar Threads - disable enable keyboard

2. keyboard feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard feature: theres this feature on my lenovo laptop that doesnt allow me to press keys when there are nearby keys held i find this annoying how do i disable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-feature/1de0a417-3d99-4903-ab15-de301ce50d0d
  3. keyboard feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard feature: theres this feature on my lenovo laptop that doesnt allow me to press keys when there are nearby keys held i find this annoying how do i disable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-feature/1de0a417-3d99-4903-ab15-de301ce50d0d
  4. Disable keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable keyboard: Everytime I'm gonna use my keyboard, All it types is ************* on my windows 7 laptop.So if anybody knows how to disable keyboard, Please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-keyboard/cbc07d0d-0f6a-4260-b779-653e62e3a019
  5. Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally disabled mouse and keyboard with autoruns...: So I am in a funk. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong and I feel like I have tried what I could and need some specific help. It started with my pc randomly deciding to freeze and restart after my girlfriend installed Epic Games' online service. Whether or not this...
  6. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  7. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables: This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can: Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running...
  8. keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable: can we create a keyboard shortcut in windows for bluetooth to enable/disable don't want to click action centre and click on bluetooth to enable and disable it, is there any possibility like we have a dedicated key for wifi in our laptop we can create a shortcut key to...
  9. Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. The keyboard shortcut to turn on and off Mouse Keys is to press the left Alt + left Shift +...
  10. Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid in Windows 10. The Full (standard) layout is now included in the Touch Keyboard by default to select. *Arrow How to Change Layout of Touch...