Windows 10: Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

Discus and support Disable F11 key toggling full screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daarst, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Daarst Win User

Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor will disable the F11 full screen hotkey, but it did not effect it.

:)

Daarst, Jan 1, 2022
  2. 4215 Win User

F11 key

F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of Windows 10 and Edge updates.

4215, Jan 1, 2022
  3. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 1, 2022
  4. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

1. Disable F11 key toggling full screen. - Similar Threads - Disable F11 key

2. F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed: Hey please is there a way i can stop F 11 key from switching screen mode full screen or windowed problem in windows 11. I don’t want to disable key completely only the switching screen mode thing and thanks . Because i bought a new mouse it has special thing i can change the...
  3. F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed: Hey please is there a way i can stop F 11 key from switching screen mode full screen or windowed problem in windows 11. I don’t want to disable key completely only the switching screen mode thing and thanks . Because i bought a new mouse it has special thing i can change the...
  4. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  5. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  6. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  7. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  8. F11 key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F11 key: F11 key supposed to turn speakers on/off; now toggles full screen on/off. Driver ok, troubleshooter doesn't find anything. Happened about the time of Windows 10 and Edge updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f11-key/0ed9b031-7daf-458e-85b3-d89a296fbaca
  9. Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen

Neither F11 nor fn+F11 gives me full screen: My browser [Firefox] provides another method to get full screen, but it's cumbersome. Can I not get full screen with one click, as I did with my old Win7 laptop?...
  10. Toggle off the full screen mode

Toggle off the full screen mode: I need a feature to toggle off the full screen mode because games take up almost all my screen. I can’t find Advanced Graphics options anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-off-the-full-screen-mode/7c6e7c44-656c-4e28-a5e0-b0a2d324df3d