Windows 10: Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor?

Discus and support Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So there's this feature i feel is new that, say if I have one monitor that I first put a chrone window - full screen on it. Then I'll drag over say a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kirininkiri, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor?

So there's this feature i feel is new that, say if I have one monitor that I first put a chrone window - full screen on it. Then I'll drag over say a one note window and put that to full screen (still with the task bar) on top of the chrome window essentially covering it now. Now if I were to quite quickly move my mouse to this monitor straight to the top middle and attempt to drag my onenote window (which is at the front) I'll instead somehow reach behind and instead grab the chrome window to drag.

I'm guessing this is some kind of an added feature but hate it. I'm acustom to rapidly dragging and moving my windows around and this is really not working.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

submitted by /u/kirininkiri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kirininkiri, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows Mobile Device Center on Desk Top

Since you already tried the compatibility settings and other troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you uninstall the newest update to isolate the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in Programs and Features and select the top most result.
    • On the left menu, select View installed updates.
    • Right click on the newest update and click Uninstall.

Monitor the Windows Mobile Device Center and see if there are any changes. If possible, try to reinstall the update and see if the Windows Mobile Device Center will still work.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor?

1. Disable feature that switches to behind window when clicking from the top of the monitor? - Similar Threads - Disable feature switches

2. Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  3. Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  4. Clicking top right corner of X button closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  6. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  7. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. [HELP] Windows 10 how to disable Top of Screen Click to switch windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Windows 10 how to disable Top of Screen Click to switch windows: Hi, This is my 1st time running into this weird feature that I want to disable. On my new Dell XPS 15, Widows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1256, at the very top of the screen the cursor turn into a "grab hand" and upon clicking will switch between open windows. This is...
  9. How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it: I want to lock in place my task manager whilst being able to use the application open behind it so i can see it at the same time, how do i do this? submitted by /u/PhoenixMaster123 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 grabs the window behind when clicking on the very top edge of the title bar of a...

Windows 10 grabs the window behind when clicking on the very top edge of the title bar of a...: I have been constantly moving the wrong window because win 10 always brings up the window behind the one I want when I am clicking or dragging the title bar of a full screen window. I can't watch my cursor placement to ensure I don't click on the top pixels of the screen at...