Windows 10: Disable file sharing over multiple devices

Discus and support Disable file sharing over multiple devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop for school and used the same microsoft account as that for my desktop pc. But I now have all the games and stuff I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thijs Weijers, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Disable file sharing over multiple devices

I recently bought a new laptop for school and used the same microsoft account as that for my desktop pc. But I now have all the games and stuff I have on my pc`s desktop also on my laptop as browser shrotcuts, if I try to delete these shortcuts the shortcuts also get deleted on my PC and visa versa. I also noticed other files like the documents folder are getting shared. is there a way to turn this off? I`d like my laptop to be strictly for school.

:)

Thijs Weijers, Aug 31, 2020

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Andrew518 Win User

Disable file sharing over multiple devices

Windows 10 File Sharing

Tried all the steps above and had no luck. It is not really a firewall issue because the program is on the Windows 10 computer and is checking to make sure file sharing is turned on before it scans for folders to share with remote Netgear devices. Once
    it has a list of folders, I choose what to include and it "configures" the remote devices by sending the list of folders to use to the devices on the network. So the hang-up is prior to the software communicating over the network.

Andrew518, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Disable file sharing over multiple devices

1. Disable file sharing over multiple devices - Similar Threads - Disable file sharing

2. File sharing over private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  3. disable shared desktop for multiple accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable shared desktop for multiple accounts: I have added my wife account to my own PC. For some unknown reason when I logged in with her account the newly created desktop got some of my desktop icons. The expectation was for her to have a new desktop. How do I fix it? her user, her personal space....
  4. saving over multiple files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    saving over multiple files: is there a way I can save over multiple files. I want to replace 157 photos with the same picture, but keep the file name submitted by /u/kira-is-a-shinigami [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnex9n/saving_over_multiple_files/
  5. File sharing over LAN

File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  6. Shared files over wifi

Shared files over wifi: Have 2 pcs running Windows 10 pro. The once with router & LAN cable can see shared files on the other but the one which uses wifi can't see shared files on the other, although it can connect to the internet. Help!...
  7. Problems sharing files over network

Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  8. Problems sharing files over network

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  9. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  10. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...