Windows 10: disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Flodul, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Flodul Win User

disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge?
    The system-wide setting doesnt work.

:)

Flodul, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Saif.R Win User

Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Is "Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts" on / off ?

Saif.R, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Gina Coleman, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I think you're confusing font smoothing with blurry fonts. Font smoothing is not causing that. So disabling doesn't fix your blurry fonts.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Flodul Win User
    No, I mean font-smoothing. I've disabled ClearType for the system and got better results for all other applications except Internet Explorer and Edge.
    With font-smoothing I get ugly looking fonts like this:

disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Flodul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - disable font smoothing

2. Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is available for testers with a limited set of features as the browser is still in the early days of development. Microsoft is also focusing on the new features that would arrive in Edge in future and the company shared details of upcoming improvements at Build...
  3. cursor edge is not smooth in latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor edge is not smooth in latest update: I use acer swift s314-51 windows 10 pro 1809.In my device cursor edge is not smmoth and there is a black rough stroke around the cursor busy icon....help me to fix this issue.....
  4. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  5. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051
  6. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....: when i open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and use any search engines (bing, google, etc..), my search results come back with links that i cannot understand (all except Google, Bing, etc logos), it appears fonts are changed only in search results. If i manually type...
  7. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Font changing in Microsoft Edge: I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new,...
  8. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...
  9. Microsoft Edge expressive performant typography with Variable Font

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge expressive performant typography with Variable Font: For years, rich typography has been the envy of many web designers, who long for the typographic variety, texture, and precision available in print media. Now, with the recent innovations of OpenType Variable Fonts―pioneered in collaboration between Microsoft, Adobe, Apple,...
  10. Font smoothing updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font smoothing updates?: Hi, I skipped Windows 8.1 after trying it for a while since font smoothing was terribly bad in some parts of the OS (such as Metro) and I found tons of threads on forums that tried to solve this problem for people who experience bad looking fonts like me but I didn't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable website fonts microsoft edge

2. edge disable web fonts

3. microsoft edge disable font smoothing

4. microsoft edge font fuzzy