Windows 10: disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Flodul, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Flodul Win User

disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge?
    The system-wide setting doesnt work.

:)

Flodul, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Saif.R Win User

Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Is "Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts" on / off ?

Saif.R, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Gina Coleman, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I think you're confusing font smoothing with blurry fonts. Font smoothing is not causing that. So disabling doesn't fix your blurry fonts.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Flodul Win User
    No, I mean font-smoothing. I've disabled ClearType for the system and got better results for all other applications except Internet Explorer and Edge.
    With font-smoothing I get ugly looking fonts like this:

disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Flodul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - disable font smoothing

2. Preeti font is not smoothly Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preeti font is not smoothly Running: Preeti font Nepali is not working properly on my windows 11 from the beginning. I have microsoft 2010. and US, UK, Australia English keyboard. Nepali typing is smooth on Nepali keyboard but not in other keyboard. Specially, Shift + F, ],', Alt + number, are not working, they...
  3. Preeti font is not smoothly Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preeti font is not smoothly Running: Preeti font Nepali is not working properly on my windows 11 from the beginning. I have microsoft 2010. and US, UK, Australia English keyboard. Nepali typing is smooth on Nepali keyboard but not in other keyboard. Specially, Shift + F, ],', Alt + number, are not working, they...
  4. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance impact of disabling font smoothing: Was looking for ways to optimize Windows and found this article. Tip #6 suggests choosing the performance option. On doing so, improvements are noticed. However, the fonts edges not looking smooth dampens the UX. On a fresh install, it would help if someone can confirm the...
  5. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance impact of disabling font smoothing: Was looking for ways to optimize Windows and found this article. Tip #6 suggests choosing the performance option. On doing so, improvements are noticed. However, the fonts edges not looking smooth dampens the UX. On a fresh install, it would help if someone can confirm the...
  6. Performance impact of disabling font smoothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?: I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt help. How do I get the font smoother looking without jaggedness? 169100
  8. Disable smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  9. Enable or Disable Font Smoothing in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Font Smoothing in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Font Smoothing in Windows How to Enable or Disable Font Smoothing in Windows Font smoothing is used by default in Windows to make the jagged edges of text look smoother and more readable. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable...
  10. Font smoothing updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font smoothing updates?: Hi, I skipped Windows 8.1 after trying it for a while since font smoothing was terribly bad in some parts of the OS (such as Metro) and I found tons of threads on forums that tried to solve this problem for people who experience bad looking fonts like me but I didn't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge font-smoothing

2. windows Edge Smoothing

3. edge font smoothing

4. microsoft edge font smoothing,
  5. microsoft edge fontsmoothing,
  6. disable website fonts microsoft edge,
  7. edge disable web fonts,
  8. microsoft edge disable font smoothing,
  9. microsoft edge font fuzzy