Windows 10: Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View

Discus and support Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I have an annoying problem in latest Windows 10 1809. Since i recently moved from Windows 7 i am used to have a list view enabled for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoKoYoKo1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. YoKoYoKo1 Win User

Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View

Hello there,

I have an annoying problem in latest Windows 10 1809.

Since i recently moved from Windows 7 i am used to have a list view enabled for all folders, but there's a change in Windows 10 about this. Full row select is enabled for the folder/file names. As i am used to click in "white space" to deselect an item now i am unable to do it what makes me unproductive a lot. Is there an option or a tweak that can change this option?

I've provided an screenshot to clarify a bit more of this problem.

Thank you for the answers.

PS. I am unable to use FeedbackHub due to my organization restrictions so i cannot pass this to the creators. So, if you can do this for me i would be more than grateful! Thank you.

Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View a8c4c17b-326b-4a24-b199-b0541436c3b0?upload=true.png

:)

YoKoYoKo1, Nov 14, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Disable full row select

Just found this:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...rs-windows-10/
    Could be a solution ... but it says "it disables the "Tiles" view option in folders" and other side effects.
    Read carefully, use at your peril.

Are you perhaps referring to file view in file explorer where the select area extends to the right boundary now?

That can be inconvenient in some views. A poor design decision. There was a thread about this a couple of weeks or so..

Note that a 3rd party file manager can help here. Not ideal.

Item select rectangular box in list view since Creator's Update - Windows 10 Forums

There was another thread too.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2018
  3. How To Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10

Is there any way to disable the full row selection of files in a folder with the view layout as "List" mode?

Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update the full row select in File Explorer is now permanently activated... and I see no option in Ribbon or anywhere else in Settings to change that!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Julius von Sammaël, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Kerry4444 Win User

Disable full row select

Yeah, that's what i was talking about.

Well, that sucks, as i hate the full row select, its a pain in the a**.*Huh

Kerry4444, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View - Similar Threads - Disable Full Row

2. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  3. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  4. Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer: Hey,Does anyone knows what triggers this happens? It's a selectable row border and mouse shows it's possible to ajust it's height but does nothing.If I'm not in mistake, it started to show up since last Windows 10 update. I have Home edition.Looking forward to the...
  5. Full list of Windows 10 services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full list of Windows 10 services: Is there a full list of Windows 10 services explaining what exactly they do and how safe it is to disable each of them? submitted by /u/fernandodandrea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j68hh5/full_list_of_windows_10_services/
  6. windows 10 folder view list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 folder view list: In windows 10 s it possible to list files in a folder something like this: filename.0000-1215.jpg rather than always listing all the individual files. I'm working with very large numbers of image files and it would be great to be able to just see the file name and the...
  7. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?: Windows10 1809ver. How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view? on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name, the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1 I am not asking for "detail"...
  8. Windows 10 disable select with controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disable select with controller.: Hey, I'd like to ask, if it's possible to turn off the feature, where you can select different windows tiles or other icons and buttons with the controllers arrows or stick in windows 10. Since I have a program that I can use to move the cursor around, it is pretty annoying...
  9. Item select rectangular box in list view since Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Item select rectangular box in list view since Creator's Update: Since the release of Windows 10 Creator's Update, Microsoft introduced a subtle but (at least for me) very annoying feature when you're using List View in any of your folders: [img] Now the blue item select rectangular box It occupies the entire size of the column in...
  10. Disable full row select

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable full row select: Does anyone know how to disable full Row select in windows 10 creators update? I was able to do it before, but can’t figure it out in the creators update. 95905

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable full row select windows 10 creators update