Windows 10: Disable full row select

Discus and support Disable full row select in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to disable full Row select in windows 10 creators update? I was able to do it before, but can’t figure it out in the creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kerry4444, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Kerry4444 Win User

Disable full row select

Does anyone know how to disable full Row select in windows 10 creators update? I was able to do it before, but can’t figure it out in the creators update.

:)

Kerry4444, Oct 18, 2017

2. Manually arrange photo file icons within folder (for a custom slide show arrangement...)

Adding to Bruce:

Windows 10 - Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange

Note that this edit disables "Tiles" view in folders, plus some other UI effects. The side-effects are documented in the page.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Disable full row select

Just found this:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...rs-windows-10/
    Could be a solution ... but it says "it disables the "Tiles" view option in folders" and other side effects.
    Read carefully, use at your peril.

Are you perhaps referring to file view in file explorer where the select area extends to the right boundary now?

That can be inconvenient in some views. A poor design decision. There was a thread about this a couple of weeks or so..

Note that a 3rd party file manager can help here. Not ideal.

Item select rectangular box in list view since Creator's Update - Windows 10 Forums

There was another thread too.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Kerry4444 Win User
    Yeah, that's what i was talking about.

Well, that sucks, as i hate the full row select, its a pain in the a**.*Huh

Kerry4444, Oct 18, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    3rd party file manager... hmm.

Disable full row select [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable full row select

1. Disable full row select - Similar Threads - Disable full row

2. Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thin selectable row border in Windows Explorer: Hey,Does anyone knows what triggers this happens? It's a selectable row border and mouse shows it's possible to ajust it's height but does nothing.If I'm not in mistake, it started to show up since last Windows 10 update. I have Home edition.Looking forward to the...
  3. Disable selective hotkey combinations

Disable selective hotkey combinations: There are a huge number of Windows hotkey combinations. Some are incredibly useful. Many are totally useless. Some are actively user-hostile. The existence of many of these does not take into account users with certain disabilities such as myself who end up typing...
  4. disable on screen language selection!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable on screen language selection!?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Micheloomaxy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm77qm/disable_on_screen_language_selection/
  5. Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled: Hi I was hoping somebody could help me. I don't know what has happened but my bottom row of function buttons and my mousepad is not working. The pointer circle between the g and h in the middle of the keyboard works and the top row of function buttons work. I`ve tried...
  6. No audio icon. No create icon, Just Select, Import, and SlideShow on the top row

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio icon. No create icon, Just Select, Import, and SlideShow on the top row: Microsoft Photos 2017.37071.16410.0 2017 Microsoft Corporation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-icon-no-create-icon-just-select-import/899cb4b8-9d91-49a8-87d7-b77e80d64047
  7. Windows 10 disable select with controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disable select with controller.: Hey, I'd like to ask, if it's possible to turn off the feature, where you can select different windows tiles or other icons and buttons with the controllers arrows or stick in windows 10. Since I have a program that I can use to move the cursor around, it is pretty annoying...
  8. Disable to select System About

Disable to select System About: Hi. How to select as text Device and Windows specifications displayed in Settings, System, About? See screen copy below. I could not select the information as a text, neither a part nor whole information. Regards Theo [IMG]...
  9. Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View

Disable Full Row Select In Windows 10 for List View: Hello there, I have an annoying problem in latest Windows 10 1809. Since i recently moved from Windows 7 i am used to have a list view enabled for all folders, but there's a change in Windows 10 about this. Full row select is enabled for the folder/file names. As i am used...
  10. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...