Windows 10: DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

Discus and support DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a very sore subject for me and I am sick and tired of these copy/paste answers from people who don't even know what they're talking about.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrandomanMods, Sep 11, 2019.

1. DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

This is a very sore subject for me and I am sick and tired of these copy/paste answers from people who don't even know what they're talking about. There is no "if's and's or but's" about it. "Windows Fullscreen Optimizations" is terrible broken feature that nobody wants. Doesn't work. Never did. It just causes headaches for us gamers. Every single game... and YES I mean EVER SINGLE GAME suffers fps loss from this broken feature that is NOW FORCED ON US! They removed the ability to fully disable it so we don't have to find the exe for every single game to disable it per program. IT'S DRIVING GAMERS NUTS!!! I want a permanent solution. I want Windows to ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE GAMING COMMUNITY, BECAUSE WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THIS! REMOVE IT NEXT WINDOWS UPDATE!

...and before some guy from the middle east comes here and copy/pastes some **** about "updating my drivers' I'm gonna say this... DON'T! THAT WILL DO NOTHING! THIS IS A PROBLEM ON EVERY SINGLE PC WITH WINDOWS 10! UPDATED OR NOT! There are literally ZERO GAMES that benefit from this broken feature!

I've seen threads like this that just get locked or deleted immediately because Windows doesn't want to listen. Let's see if this time is different!

:)

BrandomanMods, Sep 11, 2019

2. Disable optimal resolution check and notice

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the Optimal Resolution Notification:

• Right click on the on the empty area on the Desktop.
    • Select Graphics options > Balloon Notification >
      Optimal Resolution Notification > Disable.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Can't disable 'Fullscreen optimizations' globally after October 1809 update

I have always disabled Windows 10's Fullscreen optimizations. Even if some people say the new 'fullscreen' presentation mode offers better performance and quicker alt-tabbing, I still disable it. I have my reasons. I want all of my games to run in
    Exclusive fullscreen mode. And for me, the registry entry, 'GameDVR_FSEBehavior' set to '2' always disabled Fullscreen optimizations globally (no need to go into each .exe's Compatibility settings to disable it).
    Located in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

Now, after the 1809 October feature update. The fullscreen optimizations presentation mode defaults to on in all games, regardless of the 'GameDVR_FSEBehavior' value. The other method of disabling it globally has also been gone for a few months now. Unchecking
    the box, "Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified" used to disable Fullscreen optmizations globally, but that setting was removed from the Gaming options in Windows.

I would like to know how to disable the Fullscreen optmizations presentation mode
    globally in Windows 10 after the October 2018 update.

I do realize that individual .exe's can disable Fullscreen optimizations by right-clicking, Properties, and going to Compatibility tab, but even this solution doesn't work for all games now.
    For example; after the October update, I have yet to find a way to disable fullscreen optimizations for Fortnite BR. Even with the option checked in the exe, it still runs in the 'enhanced fullscreen' mode. I cannot find a way to run Fortnite
    BR in exclusive fullscreen after the October update 1809.

Thanks!

ChrisBeaudette, Sep 11, 2019
  4. DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY!

1. DISABLE FULL SCREEN OPTIMIZATION GLOBALLY! - Similar Threads - DISABLE FULL SCREEN

2. enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 11 REGEDIT ALL GAMES / Aplication: Hey community,is this accurate for my qustion?Once Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following key location-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStoreNow right click on Explorer. Select New > DWORD 32-bit Value.Name the newly created DWORD to GameDVR_DSEBehavior and hit...
  3. Cant disable full screen optimizations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant disable full screen optimizations: Hey. So, ive saw on a lot of videos disabling full screen optimizations can give more performance in certain games. It used to work for me going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore in regedit and setting "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode" to 2. Now, for some reason, even after...
  4. Cant disable full screen optimizations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable full screen optimizations: Hey. So, ive saw on a lot of videos disabling full screen optimizations can give more performance in certain games. It used to work for me going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore in regedit and setting "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode" to 2. Now, for some reason, even after...
  5. disable a global shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable a global shortcut: there is something strange Everywhere at my Windows 10 when I press Shift Alt Ctrl F9 a dialog box opens saying "Select Replacement Image" how can I disable that shortcut?...
  6. How to revert global disable fullscreen optimizations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert global disable fullscreen optimizations?: I downloaded this a while back: https://www.regfiles.net/registry/disable-fullscreen-optimizations-for-windows-10-19-registry Which is basically [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore] "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002...
  7. Unable to disable full screen optimizations universally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable full screen optimizations universally: I cannot disable full screen optimizations for all games even in the registry editor. The checkbox is gone from the graphics settings menu as well. I do not want to go in and disable it manually for every game I have installed and even then I can't disable it using that...
  8. How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Full-Screen Optimizations is a feature on Windows 10 devices that help them function better. It is enabled by default for applications like video players and games. When this feature is enabled, the gaming or video playback experience is enhanced by [...] This post...
  9. Disable Full-Screen Optimization PERMANENTLY for EVERYTHING in Windows 10 (Nov. 2018)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Full-Screen Optimization PERMANENTLY for EVERYTHING in Windows 10 (Nov. 2018): Like the title says... I want to disable this crap as it does absolutely nothing favorable. It ruins gaming, it ruins my sound programs, it ruins my video editing programs. I would like to know what genius decided this **** was a good idea so I could slap him a few times...
  10. Can't disable 'Fullscreen optimizations' globally after October 1809 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable 'Fullscreen optimizations' globally after October 1809 update: I have always disabled Windows 10's Fullscreen optimizations. Even if some people say the new 'fullscreen' presentation mode offers better performance and quicker alt-tabbing, I still disable it. I have my reasons. I want all of my games to run in Exclusive fullscreen mode....