Windows 10: Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app?

Discus and support Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a user that is using the Windows 10 mail app, with their gmail account. We send them reports every week, however it seems the excel documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dude2k5, May 12, 2020.

1. Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app?

I have a user that is using the Windows 10 mail app, with their gmail account. We send them reports every week, however it seems the excel documents come in a .sheet extensions/attachments, instead of the original excel. Somehow it's converting it, but im not sure where. If I login to gmail direct via the browser, the attachment shows up fine. It's only when using the mail app, something is converting the attachments to sheets instead of excel. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/dude2k5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dude2k5, May 12, 2020

2. What is conversation in GMAIL?

.... Some grasp of an actual concise question would be much appreciated...

OK. I'm assuming that you mean you've got 299000 conversations listed in gmail. This is basically just the number of e-mails you've got. "Conversations" is how they list this because a back and forth repore (you replying, then the recipient replying) are condensed into one conversation rather than 2+ e-mails.

299000 conversations means you aren't deleting anything. If you don't delete things, your inbox will eventually fill up. Look in the bottom left hand corner of the page to see what percentage of your total inbox space is filled.

So, delete your old crap rather than hording information. That will decrease the number of conversations. No human being should have 299000 conversations saved up unless they've never cleaned out their inbox.

lilhasselhoffer, May 12, 2020
  3. birdtims Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Emails sent with Pdf attachments do not appear with the pdf attachment in the Windows 10 mail app. the email shows but the attachment is missing. This happens for every email picked up from gmail with the default gmail account type and also manual configuration
    of a gmail account. Is this a known issue? Is there anywhere to see a list of bugs for the Mail app?

birdtims, May 12, 2020
  4. Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app?

Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Hi birdtims,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing Mail app issue. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to incorrect account configuration. Are you using Gmail account on your Mail app? Are you getting any error messages when sending/receiving
    mails that come with .pdf attachments? Have you set up any rules on your account?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter from this
    link
    . The
    Windows apptroubleshooter can help scan Windows Store app issue and fix it right away.

You can also reset the Mail app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Mail app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app?

1. Disable gmail attachment conversion in mail app? - Similar Threads - Disable gmail attachment

2. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  3. Windows Mail App Gmail account not showing attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail App Gmail account not showing attachments: Recently, the Windows Mail app on my desktop stopped showing attachments for my gmail account. I have three accounts under the app. The other two, which aren't gmail addresses, show attachments as they come in. The gmail account is also on my laptop and the laptop gmail...
  4. Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments: Please can you tell me when the Windows Apps Team will fix the problem with Windows Mail that prevents attachments showing up in emails? As thousands of people have reported apparently since 2015!!!. They fail to appear when Gmail is added automatically to the Windows Mail...
  5. viewing attachments in Mail App

viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  6. Attachments from gmail not showing in Mail App

Attachments from gmail not showing in Mail App: A few days ago I started to notice that attachments sent to my Gmail account in the Mail app are not showing up. However they show up in my other signed in accounts that are not Gmail. I can view the attachments on my other devices just not in the Mail application for Windows...
  7. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  8. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  10. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...