Windows 10: Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet

Discus and support Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a tablet (cube mix plus) and the keyboard dock port is causing problems (sends random key strokes, eg holding down the delete key...). How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gorman, Aug 27, 2017.

1. gorman Win User

Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet

I have a tablet (cube mix plus) and the keyboard dock port is causing problems (sends random key strokes, eg holding down the delete key...). How can I disable the port? Perhaps in device manager somewhere?

Right now I have taped over the port, but that isn't a great solution.

Thanks!

:)

gorman, Aug 27, 2017

2. Portrait mode and auto rotation in PR1.2 (Browser and phone)

Rotation is disabled if your keyboars is open..

I'm not saying your keyboard *is* open... but it is possible the sensor is malfunctioning so the phone thinks it is..

Try this:

Open an x terminal on your phone

then open and close the keyboard 5 or 6 times

then in the x terminal. type this command

dmesg

It'll spew a load of stuff, but the last lines should read like:

[35659.908569] slide (GPIO 71) is now open

[35677.470794] slide (GPIO 71) is now closed

[35680.580505] slide (GPIO 71) is now open

[35682.650634] slide (GPIO 71) is now closed

If they don't that indicates your phone can't detect the state of the keyboard.. This is a return to the shop situation, I'm afraid.. but a user on this forum (sorry I can't remember who) had their phone fixed in front of them in store..

cpitchford, Aug 27, 2017
  3. SR_21 Win User
    My Toshiba Satellite Click 2 Pro (detachable with docking station keyboard) shutting down when docked

Every time I attach my tablet to the docking station to use as a laptop, my Toshiba satellite keeps shutting down randomly. When I detach it from the docking station keyboard, it does not shut down (while using as a tablet). Anybody has any idea why this
    may be happening? The issue seems to be with the docking station keyboard. Does Toshiba sell the separate detachable docking station keyboard? Thanks!

SR_21, Aug 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Looking at Cube Mix Plus - Core M3-7Y30 Powered i7 Book Successor - TechTablets shows the device is similar to Notebook in that it shows a Touchpad. Most Notebooks have a switch on it somewhere or an Fn + Fx key combination that turns off the Touch pad for when using an external mouse. My wife couldn't get along without that feature on her Toshiba, my other-brand Notebooks all have the feature. One shows it doesn't need the Fn key combination, just press a particular Fx key.

Berton, Aug 28, 2017
  5. gorman Win User
    Hi Berton,

Actually the Cube Mix Plus is a slate but you can the gpio detachable keyboard. Similar to the Surface, if you have seen one. I did not buy the keyboard. The problem I have is not the touchpad, but the gpio keyboard port itself. It looks like a series of gold plated contacts. Again, if you are familiar with the Surface I believe it is similar.

When something shorts the pins (eg by your finger touching them) it sends random key presses (eg delete key down). I want to disable the gpio port itself, which is on the side of my tablet. I assume this is possible via device manager but I'm not sure where or what to look for.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion. Again, it's the port on the tablet I want to disable, I do not have a keyboard.

gorman, Sep 1, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    The only thing I can equate it to is an example, I sold a nice older Notebook to a woman for here kids but she got hold of a wireless mouse with the nano transceiver. Somehow she managed to break the housing where one holds it to plug in and her fingers/thumb hit the exposed contacts and it fried the Notebook. Good thing I only wanted $100 for it as I'll never get it now. For yours I'd suggest some type of insulating material to cover the contacts to prevent problems, maybe a good electrical tape or maybe a glue gun to cover.

Berton, Sep 1, 2017
  7. gorman Win User
    The tablet has a keyboard port like the Microsoft Surface - the contacts are already exposed, no damage needed. As I said, it's merely a case of having something conductive bridge the pins. This may not be the case on the Surface, but on the Mix it certainly is.
    eg: http://images.anandtech.com/doci/638...MagnetConn.jpg

Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet [​IMG]

Right now it is taped over, but I don't consider this a long term solution. Which is why I'm looking for a better one, eg disabling the port in hardware manager.

gorman, Sep 2, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

If it can't be disabled in Device Manager might have to look in the BIOS Setup to disable it. Windows [any OS] reads the BIOS during booting to determine what resources it has to work with.

Berton, Sep 2, 2017
  9. gorman Win User
    Well I don't know if I can disable it in hw manager, which is why I posted this question...

gorman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet - Similar Threads - Disable GPIO keyboard

2. How to disable tablet mode in Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 while docked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable tablet mode in Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 while docked?: I recently got a Surface Pro 8 for work. I'm using it with a Surface Dock 2 with an external keyboard and mouse. In this configuration, there is no reason to keep the Surface Pro Type Cover attached to the computer. It's just taking up desk space for no reason. I would like...
  3. How to disable tablet mode in Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 while docked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable tablet mode in Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 while docked?: I recently got a Surface Pro 8 for work. I'm using it with a Surface Dock 2 with an external keyboard and mouse. In this configuration, there is no reason to keep the Surface Pro Type Cover attached to the computer. It's just taking up desk space for no reason. I would like...
  4. How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?: I don't know why, but whenever im on my PC, an on screen keyboard pops up, although it disappears when I start typing on my keyboard. Not sure why this is happening now. I tried disabling the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in the windows services thing, but that...
  5. Is there a way to disable a laptop keyboard, only when docked, on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to disable a laptop keyboard, only when docked, on Windows 10: We have a request to disable a laptop keyboard when the laptop is docked in a vehicle dock. I know I used to be able to do this in previous Windows versions, but have been unable to find anything that would do that in Windows 10. Assistance is appreciated. Thank you...
  6. Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode: Hey guys, I recently bought a hp 2 in 1 and when I put into tablet mode it doesn't"t disable the keyboard and trackpad automatically. This seems to be a problem mainly with hp computers but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I understand that there was a...
  7. Disabling Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Tablet mode: My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-tablet-mode/95f8945f-1cb2-4d20-afdb-51e1a9c910b1
  8. Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10

Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10: How can I stop the onscreen keyboard from popping up automatically when in tablet mode? Many simple navigation activities are triggering it when there's no need to type. Having it eat half of my screen significantly compromises usability. This seems like there should be a...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar: 1- In the keyboard advance setting it appears "some setting hidden by your employer" this is my personal PC and has been never subject to any of my employer. 2- In spite of having docked the keyboard to the task bar it not appear there....