Windows 10: Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Discus and support Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chap_sistine, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the group by date still appears and in those special explorer windows there is no option to disable file grouping in them. So how can I disable this globally?

:)

chap_sistine, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 19, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

1. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903) - Similar Threads - Disable group Downloads

2. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...: Hello,I got a real burden with recent update of Windows 11. My downloads directory became grouped in Explorer by date. I can set grouping to none but all subdirectories still remain grouped.So I want to remove grouping from Directory folder and subfolders but preserve...
  3. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder and subfolders but preserve it for Pictures...: Hello,I got a real burden with recent update of Windows 11. My downloads directory became grouped in Explorer by date. I can set grouping to none but all subdirectories still remain grouped.So I want to remove grouping from Directory folder and subfolders but preserve...
  4. Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11: When I go into the downloads folder I have the classic grouping with yesterday, today, this month, etc. The Problem is, that when I go into a subfolder a folder inside of the downloads folder, I still have the same grouping. In subfolders i want no grouping, just like it is...
  5. Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11: When I go into the downloads folder I have the classic grouping with yesterday, today, this month, etc. The Problem is, that when I go into a subfolder a folder inside of the downloads folder, I still have the same grouping. In subfolders i want no grouping, just like it is...
  6. How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution: Like many MANY! other people I am as well trying to deal with the incredibly annoying "Group By" view for the Downloads directory. I've tried many "solutions" but none of them were truly permanent. This cancer just keeps coming back again and again. So, is there an actual...
  7. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  8. How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?: I've installed 1903 update today for Windows 10. Now when I navigate my folders structure in Chrome and choose Download folder I get the following view (see attached screenshot): [ATTACH] It shows all downloads grouped by date. I don't lie this new view and would like...
  9. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...
  10. Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?: now ever since last years disastrous update that caused Data loss, i put off Feature updates as long as possible till i find there's no OS Breaking bugs (i shouldn't have-to do that a update shouldn't make the user fear data loss >_>)got lazy and eventually just let the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable folder grouping in windows 10

2. disable group by windows 10

3. how to get rid of organized sections in downloads file explorer for save as

4. win 10 disable group by,
  5. disable mobile connect windows 10,
  6. how to disable the groups in downloads folder in windows 10,
  7. get help with file explorer in windows 10 permanently turn off group by,
  8. disable folder groups windows 10,
  9. windows 10 1903 display download folder,
  10. disable grouping downloads win 10,
  11. how to disable group of downloads in windows 10 1903,
  12. disable windows 10 group by,
  13. windows 10 1903 group by,
  14. windows 10 stop grouping downloads,
  15. disable windows 10 group downloads