Windows 10: Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?

Discus and support Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; now ever since last years disastrous update that caused Data loss, i put off Feature updates as long as possible till i find there's no OS Breaking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CaelThunderwing, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?

now ever since last years disastrous update that caused Data loss, i put off Feature updates as long as possible till i find there's no OS Breaking bugs (i shouldn't have-to do that a update shouldn't make the user fear data loss >_>)got lazy and eventually just let the update occur.

and i get introduced to their wonderful "we know better than you we'll force it down your throat" default grouping on the Downloads folder. now i know i can set it to "group by: (none)" to restore it to teh way it was, but it doesn't stick.

is there any known way at the moment (registry edit, GPO, 3rd party tool, etc) to make the default back to "none" ? (i've seen a few posts while trying to look on google about this and see people saying "Just accept it." "its better this way!" etc. My PC, my system i'd rather have it the way i had it.

:)

CaelThunderwing, Jul 18, 2019

2. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like
    "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing
    "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the group by date still appears and in those special explorer windows there is no option to disable file grouping in them. So how can I disable this globally?

chap_sistine, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?

Change the default work group to something else in Win. 10

Single computer not on a domain, not networked or going to be.

It will not allow me to set up a home group. I have conflicting information. The system info page shows I am a work group. However in the network settings I changed it to public and it is listed that way in network neighbor hood.

I want to change to a private network and create a home group but it will not allow me to do so.

I have disabled file and network shareing and network discovery for personal reasons and I have no intention to allow this ever. To me Win 10 is far to permissive by default and have been takeing steps to remedy that.

Thank you.

dannyboy950XF, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ?

1. Disable "Group by" or set default to "(none)" in Windows 10 1903 ? - Similar Threads - Disable Group set

2. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  3. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  4. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...

Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, Downloads Folder, need Group By: None setting to...: In Windows 10 version 1909, File Explorer, I'd like to set my Downloads folder to Group By: None. I'd like that setting to persist so that it is effective the next time I open Downloads, unless or until I choose a different setting. Please provide directions to accomplish...
  6. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903): Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the...
  7. Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy: Is there a reason for Group Policy not applying on a new machine after Windows 10 update 1903 was installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-not-applying-group-policy/9354e93f-a515-439f-aa96-d2989d771872
  8. windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!: I try to send photos from software that I use and I always get the msg, there is no email associated, please install an email program or create one in the default programs control panel, Windows 10 just has "mail" there is NO default to choose from. When is Windows /...
  9. Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab: Windows 10 users may set a default Task Manager tab in the next feature update for the operating system. Microsoft modified the Task Manager in Windows 10; the company added features to the Task Manager, e.g. to display the GPU performance or process groups. Other changes,...
  10. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 turn off group by default

2. windows 10 disable group by

3. disable group by windows 10

4. windows 10 1903 default settings,
  5. disable folder grouping GPO,
  6. windows 10 group by none as default,
  7. disable windows defender windows 10 1903 gpo,
  8. windows 10 1903 onedrive how to set as default,
  9. windows disable downloads grouping,
  10. gpo auoption=3 no install button,
  11. setting windows 10 1903 default profile with gpedit,