Windows 10: Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Discus and support Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by akerbeltzalba, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more.

I dug around on the web and found the method of opening Explorer, going to View > Group by > (None) but while that fixes the Downloads folder, this is not universal. For example, when I access the Downloads folder from Word via Open or Save as, then the view is still grouped by date. I can do the right-click > Group By > None thing from within Word (for example) but that seems to be tied to the session. If I close Word and open it again, I'm back to the darn "Grouped by date" view.

How do I turn it off permanently *everywhere* in Windows 10?

:)

akerbeltzalba, Aug 20, 2019

2. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like
    "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing
    "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the group by date still appears and in those special explorer windows there is no option to disable file grouping in them. So how can I disable this globally?

chap_sistine, Aug 20, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Date separator in Downloads folder

Details, like it's always been, changed it to List and the sorting is worse, and the separators remain. And this only affects the downloads folder, Documents, Desktop, and other default folders don't show this.

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely [​IMG]

Oh you said Group By, read that wrong. Date Modified, if i change it to Name or something else the date separators are still there.

kormath, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have
    opened so far don't seem to suffer from this abomination. Does some developer think I don't know how to find the date or sort the way I want to in this or other folders? I hope there is someone out there that can help me reverse this stupidity.

Edit: I found the Group By view and corrected my issue. No idea how it changed. Sorry for the rant.

DarkkHelmet, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

1. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely - Similar Threads - Disable grouped date

2. Disable Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Group Policy: Hi, I've tried following the community instructions to disable 'group policy' (changing DWORD 'Start' to Decimal 4), yet there's an error and I'm unable to do this ('cannot edit Start: error writing the value's new contents'). I bought my computer as a demo from Harvey...
  3. How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?: I've installed 1903 update today for Windows 10. Now when I navigate my folders structure in Chrome and choose Download folder I get the following view (see attached screenshot): [ATTACH] It shows all downloads grouped by date. I don't lie this new view and would like...
  4. downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloads folder sorted into dated groups, WHY? How to change back?: I just downloaded a file and discovered that (since the 1903 upgrade I believe) the downloads folder is sectioned into dated groups. This is the most awful thing for me and I can find no way to put the folder back into a simple list. Other folders I have opened so far don't...
  5. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...
  6. Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list": I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the icons along with "list" view sized icons. Aggravating...anyone else having this happen? I'm on version 1903, but this happened...
  7. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903): Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!?

Windows 10 1903 Update - How do I turn off the date grouping for my downloads folder!?: Updated to 1903 this morning. I just noticed my downloads folder now has all the files categorized by dates in collapsible groups. I can find no where to turn off this option. For me, this has to be the dumbest change I have ever seen... talk about making it MUCH harder to...
  9. Date separator in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Date separator in Downloads folder: So i just updated my Win10 to 1903 on the slow track. After doing so i have date separators in my downloads folder that i can't get rid off. it's driving me crazy, my downloads are separated like email - today, yesterday, etc. I've reset the folder view numerous times but...
  10. delete folder groups

in Windows 10 Support
    delete folder groups: My Windows 10 folders have started sorting content by groups: 0-9, A-H, etc. How do I delete this function? 123416