Windows 10: Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

Discus and support Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manuel106, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Manuel106 Win User

Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft support knows it really.I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO HINDER WINDOWS 10 FROM COMBINING BUTTONS ON TASKBAR!But I am asking how to HINDER WINDOWS FROM GROUPING THE BUTTONS WHICH ARE NOT COMBINED. Please read carefully before you answer, because this site is full of this misunderstanding!!If there is a registry entry which needs to be changed, also good!

:)

Manuel106, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar :) Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar :)

Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

Different Applications Combined in Taskbar

Sometimes I find that Internet Explorer, Notepad, and File Explorer are combined under one group of buttons on my Taskbar. Sometimes the Notepad (spiral notebook) icon is used, sometimes the File Explorer (folder) icon is used, and sometimes I see the Internet
    Explorer e icon with the golden loop. This seems to occur after I connect to this workstation via Remote Desktop from my laptop. Is there a service or task I can restart to redraw the taskbar? I've tried killing and restarting explorer.exe, but it still
    combines these three applications in one stack of buttons in the Taskbar.

I have not noticed this behavior with any other applications, including calculator, wordpad, various Office products, Chrome, Firefox, Adobe Reader, and many other third-party applications.

Anybody seen this behavior, or know how to fix it?

Windows 8.1

IE 11

Vintovka1383, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

1. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar - Similar Threads - Disable grouping COMBINING

2. Hi - Question about the taskbar. With photos same taskbar application that is combined,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - Question about the taskbar. With photos same taskbar application that is combined,...: image is slightly distorted from enlargingI've the Combine setting turned to Never. These four icon's still move as if they're grouped. My two questions.1. Can i ungroup them? example-If i goto move one window, all four client's with it. Can i make them act as if they're...
  3. Hi - Question about the taskbar. With photos same taskbar application that is combined,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - Question about the taskbar. With photos same taskbar application that is combined,...: image is slightly distorted from enlargingI've the Combine setting turned to Never. These four icon's still move as if they're grouped. My two questions.1. Can i ungroup them? example-If i goto move one window, all four client's with it. Can i make them act as if they're...
  4. How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.: I want to stop application windows from grouping on the taskbar in Windows 11.Tried to upload files. Not working. See the two screen captures at the links below.https://i.imgur.com/fimaAyX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/F2dlQnq.png...
  5. How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.: I want to stop application windows from grouping on the taskbar in Windows 11.Tried to upload files. Not working. See the two screen captures at the links below.https://i.imgur.com/fimaAyX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/F2dlQnq.png...
  6. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar: Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft support knows it really.I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO HINDER WINDOWS 10 FROM COMBINING BUTTONS ON TASKBAR!But I am asking how to HINDER...
  7. Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable grouping NOT COMBINING applications on taskbar: Most people don't know the difference between combining buttons on the taskbar and trouping non-combined buttons on the taskbar. Not even Microsoft support knows it really.I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO HINDER WINDOWS 10 FROM COMBINING BUTTONS ON TASKBAR!But I am asking how to HINDER...
  8. Is it possible to combine launcher and application on taskbar?

Is it possible to combine launcher and application on taskbar?: Hi,I've run into this issue before but only this time have I let my OCD push me to post about it.I have a program lets call it program.exe that I use regularly.To run program.exe I have to open the launcher which I have pinned to my taskbar, when said launcher is finished...
  9. Taskbar buttons combining

Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...
  10. Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows How to Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar...