Windows 10: Disable half grid in Start Menu

Discus and support Disable half grid in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you drag item in Start Menu, the automatic layout system often give out a half grid result which is not useful for some people, like me. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pz2k, May 6, 2019.

1. pz2k Win User

Disable half grid in Start Menu

When you drag item in Start Menu, the automatic layout system often give out a half grid result which is not useful for some people, like me. Is there a setting to disable this? Can it be disabled by default (may be a poll is needed.).

:)

pz2k, May 6, 2019

2. can i grid my apps instead of a list (running w8 nokia 720)

I have actually. I have even Nokia running series 40 OS with menu grid which is awesome. Using list view on windows phone instead of grid is time consuming especially if you have bunch of installed apps. Having alphabetical shortcut less helpful especially
    if you are looking for an installed app where you are not sure what's the starting letter. I think there is suggestion on uservoice page suggesting menu grid. It got thousands of votes. I even casted three votes but sad to say Microsoft seems has no plan yet
    to implement it.

Jobert Enamno, May 6, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Disabling Cortana in Creators Update Disabled Start Menu

Hi,

Cortana is embedded in the Start menu. As part of the development and changes in Windows 10 Creators Update, disabling Cortana is not advisable since it may cause your Start menu to become unresponsive. To troubleshoot your concern
    with Cortana and Start menu, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, May 6, 2019
  4. asem305 Win User

Nokia 2630 Grid Display Required

on a standard generic phone these settings should be avilable through: Menu > Options > Main menu

view > List or Grid

sometimes , when operators modify firmwares, they disable certain features, so if the phone is locked to O and have their firmware on, this feature may be disabled by the operator.

asem305, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable half grid in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Disable half grid

2. Why start menu is half my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why start menu is half my screen?: Why?They know it doesn't compensate for you know? Microness... LOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-start-menu-is-half-my-screen/6f895c75-ab07-4917-8ffa-4efe1903201e
  3. Why start menu is half my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why start menu is half my screen?: Why?They know it doesn't compensate for you know? Microness... LOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-start-menu-is-half-my-screen/6f895c75-ab07-4917-8ffa-4efe1903201e
  4. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Half of my start menu application are not working: As of the title says half of my start menu application are not working, when I click the application it will make my computer freeze then it will not open at all. It is not happening on all application but almost half of it. It doesnt matter if it is windows apps or third...
  5. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my start menu application are not working: As of the title says half of my start menu application are not working, when I click the application it will make my computer freeze then it will not open at all. It is not happening on all application but almost half of it. It doesnt matter if it is windows apps or third...
  6. Half of my start menu application are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disable Start Menu Hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Start Menu Hover: Hey there! When I'm in the main desktop and I hover over the start button for 2 seconds, the start menu appears. Is there any way to disable that? It's REALLY annoying. Thanks in advance. 36417
  8. Get rid of right half of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of right half of start menu: Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part? Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest...
  9. Start menu Personalization Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Personalization Disabled: Had to try a few different methods to get the start menu not working problem to go away. Finally I had to go back to a restore point from just after the upgrade from Windows 7 to get the start menu to work again. Now I try to turn back on the folders in Personalization >...
  10. Start menu tiles half missing at times

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles half missing at times: On the start menu, the tiles that I made small sometimes half disappear for some reason. Also, not all of my small tiles half disappear, it's only some of them. If I restart the problem is fixed but it usually comes back later. Does anyone know how to fix it? [img] 16105