Windows 10: Disable Handwriting Input Panel - Win 10 x64 1709

Discus and support Disable Handwriting Input Panel - Win 10 x64 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, It's a long time I am looking for a registry address but I cannot find it. Please help me find the corresponding registry address. Enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Nov 22, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable Handwriting Input Panel - Win 10 x64 1709

Howdy,
    It's a long time I am looking for a registry address but I cannot find it.
    Please help me find the corresponding registry address.

Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink
    Handwriting Input Panel
    Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

How to turn it off via registry ONLY?

These are not working:

;According to the above tutorial on forum
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace]
    "AllowWindowsInkWorkspace"=dword:00000000

;I don't remember where I found, different? Both useless!
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace]
    "PenWorkspaceButtonDesiredVisibility"=dword:00000000

Please advise.
    Thanks.

:)

omidsolo, Nov 22, 2017
  2. DLF18 Win User

how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This worked for me on Windows 10 on my HP touchscreen laptop:

In the Search box, type Services (desktop app)

Select "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service"

Select "Stop the Services"

It should now say Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is disabled

Double Click on Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service

Select General Tab

On Startup type, select "Disabled"

Then select "Apply" at the bottom

With these settings, the virtual keyboard stopped popping up every time I needed to input/type. I hope this works for you.

DLF18, Nov 22, 2017
  3. FYChu Win User
    Chinese Handwriting and speech option missing in Windows 10 pro 1709

In installing Chinese language input , I used to click on the language setting add language button, then the option button and it would display language, handwriting, and speech icon for me to download these packages. But in the 1709 version, the handwriitng,
    speech buttons are missing. I think there is a way to download these packages from MS to enable Chinese handwriting features in Win 10. Can anyone help? I have English, Chinese enabled in the language bar, and I also get the touch keyboard display, but no
    handwriting!

FYChu, Nov 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Option Two in the tutorial you linked to is still working fine for me in build 17035.

The only problem is, the tutorial is for enabling or disabling "Windows Ink Workspace", and not the "Handwriting Input Panel" (Touch Keyboard).

So yeah, useless for that.

Brink, Nov 22, 2017
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Found *Smile

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7]
    "EnableCompatibilityKeyboard"=dword:00000000

omidsolo, Nov 24, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    If there is no handwriting capture pad attached to the computer, nothing has to be disabled

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Handwriting Input Panel - Win 10 x64 1709 - Similar Threads - Disable Handwriting Input

2. Windows 11 Pro - Handwriting Panel Not Passing Input to Field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - Handwriting Panel Not Passing Input to Field: I have a Surface Pro 7+ and a surface pen with Windows 11 Pro running. The handwriting panel comes up as it is supposed to and recognizes my handwriting appropriately, but it does not transfer the recognized handwriting into the application. I've tried a handful of...
  3. Windows 11 Pro - Handwriting Panel Not Passing Input to Field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - Handwriting Panel Not Passing Input to Field: I have a Surface Pro 7+ and a surface pen with Windows 11 Pro running. The handwriting panel comes up as it is supposed to and recognizes my handwriting appropriately, but it does not transfer the recognized handwriting into the application. I've tried a handful of...
  4. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  5. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  6. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  7. No options to Stop or Disable (Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No options to Stop or Disable (Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service): https://imgur.com/a/XFVk4w4 Attempted to find and stop this after many enquiries on how to prevent the crashing on some of my games within 15-20 minutes of playtime. Multiple posts lead me to services for disabling (Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service) but as seen...
  8. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  9. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  10. Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Change Font of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now change...