Windows 10: Disable hardware device. Permanently.

Discus and support Disable hardware device. Permanently. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A family member has an old laptop with dual graphics which unfortunately don't play well with Windows 10. If both are enabled at the same time, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kataroku, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Disable hardware device. Permanently.

A family member has an old laptop with dual graphics which unfortunately don't play well with Windows 10.

If both are enabled at the same time, then Windows sits at a black screen for 2 minutes before showing the login screen.

To remedy this problem, I disabled the integrated graphics via device manager. The laptop now boots up in 5 seconds.

Unfortunately, after a period of time - possibly after an update - the integrated graphics gets re-enabled and the problem returns.

Any ideas on how I can make this solution permanent?

submitted by /u/Kataroku
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kataroku, Jan 14, 2020

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Mic Input Playing - While Listen To Device is disabled

Hi Grimston,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled
      Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.
    I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Please try to un-install and install sound driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Disable hardware device. Permanently.

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Disable hardware device. Permanently.

1. Disable hardware device. Permanently. - Similar Threads - Disable hardware device

2. Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY: I've tried every fix I've found to disable copilot in Windows 10, and several have worked temporarily, but the next day it's back on. What is causing this , and how do I stop it? My next step is to stop using anything Microsoft....
  3. Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Copilot PERMANENTLY: I've tried every fix I've found to disable copilot in Windows 10, and several have worked temporarily, but the next day it's back on. What is causing this , and how do I stop it? My next step is to stop using anything Microsoft....
  4. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  5. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  6. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  7. disable DoNotDisturb permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable DoNotDisturb permanently: Every answer just points to the obvious On/Off button. Using this just reverts to On after only a short time. Someone please give a permanent solution with EXACT instructions if a Registry edit is needed....
  8. Windows update permanently disables all USB devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update permanently disables all USB devices: Hi. I have a computer. That computer, UNFORTUNATELY, has windows 10. If windows update is allowed to run, this will cause Windows 10 to PERMANENTLY stop accepting USB keyboard as an input device. I have tried checking "power management" in the device manager to make sure...
  9. Laptop says hardware and devices troubleshooter is disabled?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop says hardware and devices troubleshooter is disabled?: I'm trying to fix a problem with my drawing tablet, so I need to get the "Hardware and Devices" troubleshooter. The problem is, it doesn't have it in the settings app. I tried forcing it open I saw a website say to go to windows powershelladmin and then typing in "msdt.exe...
  10. Permanently Disable Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently Disable Updates: I almost never shutdown my PC or restart as I use it a a lot. I usually just put it into hibernate. The every few weeks that I do shut it down I always am forced to go through with a Windows update. No matter how much I search or disable stuff I can not figure out any way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 permanently disable device