Windows 10: Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution!

Discus and support Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently, my headphone jack in my laptop broke. I mean, it just works fine on its own, I get perfect audio when I plug in my headphones. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MightyMadMax, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution!

Hi all,

Recently, my headphone jack in my laptop broke. I mean, it just works fine on its own, I get perfect audio when I plug in my headphones. But even when I unplug the headphones, my laptop still thinks my headphones are plugged in. I had the same issue in another laptop as well, but didn't care till now. I have been looking around for a solution and I couldn't find any.

In fact, I started seeing questions posted three to four years back, with no definite answers.

But friends, I found a solution by accident. It worked on both my laptops. I tested again and again. I am no software guy and I have no idea how any of this works, but it worked fine for me. Every time, on both my broken devices, from two different manufacturers.

1) Download Audio Driver from Manufacturer's Website

(If yours isn't available for download, find a similar model laptop that has, from the same manufacturer)

2) Start installation -> Go thru all the steps and finish -> Restart

3) Start the installation again -> Installer will ask to uninstall the old version before reinstall -> Click on yes/confirm

(You get the idea, it is different for different versions from different manufacturers)

4) Your system will reboot before continuing with installation.

(At this stage, in notification area, the audio unavailable icon is on display)

5) After reboot, just cancel the rest of the installation, log off and log on.

Now you click on the speaker icon, it gives you option to select the output.

Select Headphones - Audio is routed to headphone Jack

Select Speakers - Audio played thru speaker

And BTW, my audio works just fine.

:)

MightyMadMax, Oct 9, 2019

2. Front panel jack doesn't detect Headphones

Hi,

In the previous versions of Windows, this feature is auto detected. To better assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different headphones to the front panel jack?
    • Did the PC detect the headphones when it was connected at the back panel jack?
    • Did you encounter an error message, when the headphones are connected to front panel jack?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Robert Caw, Oct 9, 2019
  3. How do you disable headphone jack detection in Windows 10?

Rohit,

Question 1: I did try updating the drivers on the laptop. No change. Again, note that the headphone jack is physically broken, preventing it from recognizing that there is nothing plugged into the headphone jack. The hardware has a switch in
    it that the software uses to determine if headphones are plugged in. If they are, the
    software disables the computer's built-in speakers. This is about a software fix (registry hack, really) that disables the headphone-detecting feature of the software.

Question 2: The laptop model is an ASUS G60JX-RBBX05, and from what I understand, the broken headphone jack is actually pretty common.

Method 1: I tried running the troubleshooter, it stated, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem." This is most likely because from the computer's perspective, there is no problem. The software is doing what it's supposed to be doing. It's not
    the software's fault that the physical switch inside the headphone jack is broken.

Method 2: I reinstalled the drivers using the "Run as Administrator" function (note that they require UAC privilege elevation even if you try running them normally.) There is no change, the drivers do not have an in-built function to disable jack detection.
    I have read that an earlier version did, and there is a registry key that seems to indicate as much, but none of the suggested values I have found produce the desired effect.

As a reminder, this is not a sound problem. Sound works if I plug headphones in. Everything works with that respect. The drivers are installed correctly and the sound card does produce sound, from the headphones. The problem is that when headphones
    are unplugged, the laptop still thinks they're plugged in, due to a broken switch inside the jack. There
    was a registry edit that would disable this detection and would force my speakers to be on all the time. That edit reportedly worked in Windows 7, and worked fine for me in Windows 8.1. Since upgrading to 10, it no longer works.

That is what this post is about. How do you disable headphone jack detection in Windows 10, now that the old methods no longer seem to work?

Paul Golabowski, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution!

Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

tarkijowow, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution!

1. Disable Headphone Jack Detection - This may be a possible solution! - Similar Threads - Disable Headphone Jack

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  5. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  6. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  7. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Headphone Jack not working or being detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone Jack not working or being detected: My headphone jack stopped working after the last windows 10 update. When I plug in my headphones (known good) or a line out nothing happens. I know my computer used to detect the headphone jack and switch from built in speakers to the jack but now it does not detect anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to dissable a headphone jack

2. disable headphone detection windows 10

3. how do you disable headphone jack detection in windows 10

4. earphone works only when jack detection is disabled