Windows 10: Disable hidden list of previously connected Wifi networks, even when forgotten

Discus and support Disable hidden list of previously connected Wifi networks, even when forgotten in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I connect to a Wifi network, open or protected doesn't matter. Then I go to Manage Known Networks, click that network and select Forget.I'll reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom_EC, May 12, 2021.

1. Tom_EC Win User

Disable hidden list of previously connected Wifi networks, even when forgotten

So I connect to a Wifi network, open or protected doesn't matter. Then I go to Manage Known Networks, click that network and select Forget.I'll reboot or not it doesn't matter. Then I run REGEDIT and go to the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkListIn either Profiles or Signatures\Unmanaged I can find a list of all previous networks that I've ever connected to and have since selected Forget.Where is the Windows 10 option to disable storing these previously connected wifi networks?This does seem like a forensic privacy nightmare hidden in the computer if

:)

Tom_EC, May 12, 2021
  2. J W A Win User

Windows 10 not remembering password on hidden SSID (and not automatically connecting). Also previously used (saved) hidden networks do not show the SSID in the wifi list (just says hidden network).

I don't have problems connecting to the hidden SSID network. Windows is not remembering the password (and will not automatically connect to saved networks) if the SSID is hidden. I must manually enter the password every time I restart or shutdown. The
    option to automatically connect is selected. Also the network list will not show the name of the previously-known and saved hidden SSID (it just states "Hidden Network").

J W A, May 12, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Hidden wifi

Did you waited long enough?
    Did you disable/enable the wireless connection?
    It can take some time for the wireless network SSID to disappear from the network list..

Hiding a SSID should work.
    Did you try it without WPA?
    Without knowing the network name, no one else would be able to connect anyway and if you use that with a mac filter, you should be safe.

P4-630, May 12, 2021
  4. Sujansh23 Win User

Windows 10 not remembering password on hidden SSID (and not automatically connecting). Also previously used (saved) hidden networks do not show the SSID in the wifi list (just says hidden network).

Step 1: Connect manually to the hidden SSID network.

Step 2: Open Network and Sharing Center by right clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right side of your desktop.

Step 3: Click on the name of your wifi connection.

Step 4: When the "Wi-Fi Status" box opens, click on "Wireless Properties".

Step 5: Check the box for "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)"

Enjoy!!!

Sujansh23, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Disable hidden list of previously connected Wifi networks, even when forgotten - Similar Threads - Disable hidden list

2. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  3. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  4. Can't Connect to a WIFI network I had previously connected to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect to a WIFI network I had previously connected to: Title says it all, one day, I was kicked off the network and can no longer connect to it on my windows 11 computer even though every other device in the house My roommates devices, my phone, my chromebook can connect. Have already network reset, flush dns, updated drivers,...
  5. Can't Connect to a WIFI network I had previously connected to

Can't Connect to a WIFI network I had previously connected to: Title says it all, one day, I was kicked off the network and can no longer connect to it on my windows 11 computer even though every other device in the house My roommates devices, my phone, my chromebook can connect. Have already network reset, flush dns, updated drivers,...
  6. Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...: My PC when connected to any wifi network, lists it as one with 'No Internet'. The only remedy i know is to reset my pc, after which it will connect to wifi networks normally, but after some time it returns to showing 'No Internet' for every wifi network that i connect to. I...
  7. Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...

Wifi networks listed as 'No internet' even though the connected wifi network has internet...: My PC when connected to any wifi network, lists it as one with 'No Internet'. The only remedy i know is to reset my pc, after which it will connect to wifi networks normally, but after some time it returns to showing 'No Internet' for every wifi network that i connect to. I...
  8. Wifi default network not connecting or appearing on list unless i disable and then enable...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi default network not connecting or appearing on list unless i disable and then enable...: Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 5, that wont connect to my default wifi network unless i restart my pc or disable and then enable my wifi card. I tried disabling the power management setting on the wifi card. But nothing works. I tried updating the driver and it doesnt work....
  9. Wifi Hidden Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Hidden Network: Hi, Win 10 doesn't connect to my hidden network. It shows as a Hidden Network in the available networks list and i have to select it and manually enter the SSiD and password each time. These are getting added to known network list with number appended such as HiNetwork,...
  10. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...: When I go to WIFI Settings and click on Manage Known Networks, it lists no networks, not even the one I am connected to. Furthermore, whenever I turn on the computer, Win10 does not remember my WIFI Networks. This is only an issue with my desktop running Windows10. Other...