Windows 10: Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac?

Discus and support Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to disable hover click. Tried the ease of access option and it didn't work. On my second Dell, so apparently it's a Windows problem. Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christine Hueber, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac?

Unable to disable hover click.

Tried the ease of access option and it didn't work.

On my second Dell, so apparently it's a Windows problem.

Will switch to a Mac if this isn't resolved by Tuesday.

Spent hours with Dell tech support.

Using an external mouse is not an option.

Impossible to do any work with this situation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Christine Hueber, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac? [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Dan2690 Win User
    How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

I have recently replaced my laptop computer with a Dell running Windows 10. I am getting totally frustrated with a cursor that unpredictably jumps all over the screen and with having all sorts of thinks happen any time the cursor pauses. If I cannot find
    an answer to this I am going to seriously
    consider getting a Macintosh.

My ease of access center does not include:

• "Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck

Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. In typing this I have had the cursor jump in excess of 24 times! HELP

Dan2690, Nov 10, 2018
  4. JimGrayNC Win User

Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac?

How to disable the mouse hover feature in windows 10?

My new Dell laptop arrived today. In setting it up the "Treat Mouse Hover as a Click" function was driving me crazy. I went to Control Panel/Mouse and no help. I read all the answers in this thread and no help. Finally went to "Settings/Mouse & Touchpad/Scroll
    inactive windows when I hover over them" and turned off this option. YAHOO!!! It disables the Hover to Execute function. I know, the description is not very indicative of the function, but it works.

JimGrayNC, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac?

1. Disable Hover Click on my new Dell Laptop with Windows 10, or get a Mac? - Similar Threads - Disable Hover Click

2. Dell laptop touchpad disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop touchpad disabled: Hi All,I am using Dell laptop latitude 3410, windows 10. I think I accidentally disabled my dell laptop touchpad while using my Bluetooth mouse but previously its working just fine.I tried to check the options on settings but I'm not quite sure what to do after that. Can...
  3. Dell laptop touchpad disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop touchpad disabled: Hi All,I am using Dell laptop latitude 3410, windows 10. I think I accidentally disabled my dell laptop touchpad while using my Bluetooth mouse but previously its working just fine.I tried to check the options on settings but I'm not quite sure what to do after that. Can...
  4. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  5. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  6. Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop: After the update last Tuesday, this phenomenon started. I would like to go back to when there are 2 overlapping Windows, I can switch between them by clicking & not by hovering. If I have a smaller window in front of a larger window, the larger window will come to the front...
  7. Solidworks will not run on my new dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solidworks will not run on my new dell laptop with windows 10: My Dell Inspiron 15 5000, which up to date, will not run the application of Solidworks 2020-2021. The download setup shows up in the file explorer under downloads. When running the setup, the files unzip but nothing beyond this happens. The program closes out....
  8. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  9. Remove "click by hovering".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "click by hovering".: I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it. There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few seconds it will automatically click it. I only use the touchpad not a mouse. I want to turn this feature off but I can't...
  10. Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!: I have tried the two suggestions found on this site. 1) Settings, check ClickLock (I still have no idea why that's supposed to help but I selected it) 2) Control Panel, confirm that 'Activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse' is unchecked. It hasn't helped. Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop hover click

2. hover click disable

3. how to disable Dell hover to select

4. disable hover click,
  5. how to turn off touchpad hover on dell laptop windows 10,
  6. disable hover on touchpad,
  7. disable hover-select,
  8. stop mousepad hover,
  9. how to turn off hover and click dell,
  10. disable hover and click,
  11. how to disable click on dell laptop,