Windows 10: disable hover popups

Discus and support disable hover popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to disable over popups on windows 10? When using windows 10 email and hovering over a clickable link, such as a picture, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tommyb, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Tommyb Win User

disable hover popups

Does anyone know how to disable over popups on windows 10? When using windows 10 email and hovering over a clickable link, such as a picture, there is a huge hover popup with the entire URL. It is annoying and takes up a big part of the screen. see screenshot below.

disable hover popups [​IMG]

:)

Tommyb, Sep 7, 2015

2. How to stop Popups on links

How do I get rid of the popups when I hover over a link. these popups contain the whole URL

AthenaPell-Hunter, Sep 7, 2015
  3. maxpolk Win User
    Windows 10 - Action Center Won't Open

Unsure if this is your problem, but I discovered the problem.

When you hover over something in the system tray, a tiny little popup window appears with a tiny bit of text explaining what that icon is. This tiny little text popup appears above the system tray icon, so that it doesn't interfere with
    a mouse click on the icon.

However, when you hover over the action center icon in the system tray, that tiny popup window appears squarely planted directly on top of the icon you intend to press. This text box sometimes say "No new notifications", or something else.
    Since it appears where your mouse is hovering, it captures the mouse click, and the action center never receives the mouse click. This prevents action center from ever starting, no matter how often you try.

I discovered, the only way to start action center is waiting for the little popup window to disappear, and then click. Only then will action center start.

disable hover popups [​IMG]

The solution is to move the tiny text popup above the icon so it doesn't interfere with the mouse click. See image of speaker hover (popup saying "Speakers: 78%" is above icon and is correct) and action center hover (popup saying "No new
    notifications" is on top of icon and interferes).

maxpolk, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

disable hover popups

Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Not sure if this will work in an App, but you could try it.

Navigate in the Windows Registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
    in the right pane, double click on MouseHoverTime and change the value to something so high it virtually disables the popup.
    400 should be default, 4000 should do it.
    Requires a Restart.

Edwin, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Tommyb Win User
    Did not solve the issue, but made the size of the hover much smaller.

Tommyb, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Kat101 Win User
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem? The "large hover pop up window" makes it difficult to read my emails in the windows 10 mail app.--

Kat101, Mar 16, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Changing MouseHoverTime should not have affected the size of the popup, it should have disabled hover popups completely. Check to make sure changed the right one.

Ztruker, Mar 18, 2016
  8. Gerra Win User

disable hover popups

I did as suggested, and I did remember to reboot the laptop, but it didn't affect the e-mails in any way. Not only did it not eliminate the pop-ups, but it didn't make them smaller, either.

Is going to Windows Live Mail (WLM) a viable option? Is WLM going to be deprecated any time soon?

(Newbie to the forum)

Gerra, Sep 4, 2016
  9. Gerra Win User
    At this point, I believe that the issue is with Windows Mail (not Windows 10, itself). I have seen (in another site) a reference to it being a"feature". Some feature! It is a complete annoyance to anyone (in my opinion) who has ever experienced this unadvertised "feature". I can't wait for Mozilla to get off their collective kiesters and fix Thunderbird so I can again receive E-Mails.

Gerra, Sep 10, 2016
  10. Jovin43 Win User
    It did the same for me. It's such an aggravating darned "feature."

Jovin43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

disable hover popups

1. disable hover popups - Similar Threads - disable hover popups

2. Disable the popups when hovering the taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable the popups when hovering the taskbar on Windows 11: Is there any way to prevent the popup, shown in the attached image, to be displayed when you hover with the mouse the taskbar of Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-popups-when-hovering-the-taskbar-on/ba225cbb-6ef8-4555-9345-03b10908e80d
  3. Disable the popups when hovering the taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable the popups when hovering the taskbar on Windows 11: Is there any way to prevent the popup, shown in the attached image, to be displayed when you hover with the mouse the taskbar of Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-popups-when-hovering-the-taskbar-on/ba225cbb-6ef8-4555-9345-03b10908e80d
  4. How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?: I added a .jpg to show how <rename> popup hides the <+> option in explorer.There are countlesss other examples. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons-in/f32ea237-a300-44df-be0d-6a6a40b643f9
  5. How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?

How-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons in Windows 11 ?: I added a .jpg to show how <rename> popup hides the <+> option in explorer.There are countlesss other examples. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-popup-when-hover-over-menu-icons-in/f32ea237-a300-44df-be0d-6a6a40b643f9
  6. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  7. Disable Hover

Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  8. how to disable mouse hover popup of graphic display items

how to disable mouse hover popup of graphic display items: how to disable mouse hover popup of graphic display items https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-mouse-hover-popup-of-graphic/da76f448-55ee-4440-8c0f-1df72ee7b119
  9. URL/hover popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URL/hover popups: Has anyone found a workaround for the URL/Hover popups? They are so annoying and see no value in them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urlhover-popups/0cce0cb1-3319-4cf7-9350-b5563d31c41f
  10. URL hover popups on email

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL hover popups on email: These URL hover popups are the most irritating feature I have ever run into with email. They block the window you are trying to look at. How in the hell do I disable this extremely annoying ****???????!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hover over link popup

2. when I mouse over a picture an address box pops up

3. mouse hover link text fix emails

4. pointer hover instructions,
  5. stopping url expansion when mouse hovers,
  6. how can i disable the on hover details pop-up in windows 10,
  7. windows when mouse hovers over popup,
  8. how do i stop the url address coming up when I hovering over writing on the internet,
  9. url popups over links in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 disable hover popups,
  11. how do i disable hover popups for windows 10,
  12. disable hover popups,
  13. how do i stop the text popups when i hover over an image,
  14. windows mail app link sshows when mouse hovering over,
  15. stop hover popups in mail