Windows 10: disable Hyper-V

Discus and support disable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I turn off Hyper-v? .... I have already tried Programs and Features and then unchecking the hyper-v there and have checked the services .... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pyorkie, Oct 14, 2019.

1. pyorkie Win User

disable Hyper-V

How can I turn off Hyper-v? .... I have already tried Programs and Features and then unchecking the hyper-v there and have checked the services .... I want to use Virtual box but am constantly advised that it is being blocked by Hyper-v.

Also is there a way to reset services to default.

Any and all help appreciated.

pyorkie

:)

pyorkie, Oct 14, 2019

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      disable Hyper-V d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Oct 14, 2019
  4. disable Hyper-V

cant disable hyper v on windows 10

so I'm trying to use blue stacks android emulator and it keeps saying I need to disable hyper v before I can use it which seems to have appeared after the latest windows insider build and I've tried disabling it in windows features which hyper v isn't
    listed there, I've tried PowerShell and command prompt which both say hyper v cannot be found, I got the command prompts from here https://www.poweronplatforms.com/enable-disable-hyper-v-windows-10-8/ so I'm not sure what the deal is, can anyone help me with
    this please?

talkischeap808, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

disable Hyper-V

1. disable Hyper-V - Similar Threads - disable Hyper

2. How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel: So, I'm trying to disable hyper v to run WSV3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hyper-v-if-there-is-no-option-in/a39644cf-ed5d-422a-9a98-af0ed7de25fd
  3. How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel: So, I'm trying to disable hyper v to run WSV3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hyper-v-if-there-is-no-option-in/a39644cf-ed5d-422a-9a98-af0ed7de25fd
  4. How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?

How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?: How do I disable this " A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."? I need to disable the hypervisor because I can't run my eve-ng. I always get virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported error. I have already tried unchecking...
  5. How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?: How do I disable this " A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."? I need to disable the hypervisor because I can't run my eve-ng. I always get virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported error. I have already tried unchecking...
  6. I can't type a certain words using Chinese Pinyin after disable Hyper-V

I can't type a certain words using Chinese Pinyin after disable Hyper-V: So, I installed an app called Android, a China app to play a mobile game. It required me to disable Hyper-V, which I did to ensure the game ran smoothly. However, after uninstalling both the game and Android, I didn't even play the game, it was just a few minute in between...
  7. I can't type a certain words using Chinese Pinyin after disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type a certain words using Chinese Pinyin after disable Hyper-V: So, I installed an app called Android, a China app to play a mobile game. It required me to disable Hyper-V, which I did to ensure the game ran smoothly. However, after uninstalling both the game and Android, I didn't even play the game, it was just a few minute in between...
  8. How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.

How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.: Greetings. A friend of mine has this problem with Windows 11. A technician activated HYPER-V services on his OS via Windows Features. Something happened that the software he was trying to install to my friend, started to make another software to fail because the program can't...
  9. How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable HYPER-V Operating System and turn back Windows to regular operation.: Greetings. A friend of mine has this problem with Windows 11. A technician activated HYPER-V services on his OS via Windows Features. Something happened that the software he was trying to install to my friend, started to make another software to fail because the program can't...
  10. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64