Windows 10: Disable information below the date on the lock screen

Discus and support Disable information below the date on the lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks. I have disabled notifications and reminders on the lock screen, but I still get messages below the date such as "Day after Thanksgiving"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rebop, Nov 24, 2018.

1. rebop Win User

Disable information below the date on the lock screen

Hi folks.

I have disabled notifications and reminders on the lock screen, but I still get messages below the date such as "Day after Thanksgiving" today.

How can I disable that? Small nuisance but surprised i have not been able to turn that off. It was not always there. And it causes a screen flicker on boot up as the page paints, then checks for whatever will go there and repaints.

Thanks!

~Bob

:)

rebop, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 24, 2018
  3. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Disable information below the date on the lock screen

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Disable information below the date on the lock screen

1. Disable information below the date on the lock screen - Similar Threads - Disable information below

2. BSOD Question - Information Attached Below

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Question - Information Attached Below: So my computer has blue screened several times in the last month, more so recently, and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to check the culprit. If it's a failing HDD or PSU, I'd need to figure that out ASAP.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  3. BSOD Question - Information Attached Below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Question - Information Attached Below: So my computer has blue screened several times in the last month, more so recently, and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to check the culprit. If it's a failing HDD or PSU, I'd need to figure that out ASAP.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  4. Lock Screen ads and information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  5. Lock Screen ads and information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  6. Photos with information in lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos with information in lock screen: I used to have in my lock screen a new photo every day with bunch of information on it like where is the photo from who took it and stuff like that. I don't have the information anymore for some reason. Any1 know how i can get it back? submitted by /u/eallnickname [link]...
  7. Disable dragging windows below the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable dragging windows below the screen?: Is there a way to disable dragging windows below the screen? Currently, i can take any window and drag it below my task bar and it seems like its causing issues with my second display connected. I want to be able to lock the dimensions around my screen. Not sure if this is a...
  8. Show lock screen information on home screen

Show lock screen information on home screen: I use two computers running Windows 10, a desktop computer and a laptop. On my desktop, the lock screen information also appears on the home screen, e.g., the "Like what you see?" question for the Spotlight picture and my calendar app entries. On my laptop, though, the home...
  9. Date format in lock screen

Date format in lock screen: Hi, I'm a new user posting here, but I've been using 7formus for a lot of time. The guides are just amazing. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and used a lot of registry hacks already. I'm having a little problem with the new lock screen, and maybe you guys can figure it...
  10. Disable the Lock Screen?

Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552