Windows 10: Disable integrated microphone and use headset line-in only?

Discus and support Disable integrated microphone and use headset line-in only? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Bought a headset for use in gaming, but can't get my laptop's (Acer V 15) integrated mic to turn off and just use the head sets. If I disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJM333, Jul 11, 2018.

1. JJM333 Win User

Disable integrated microphone and use headset line-in only?

Hi,

Bought a headset for use in gaming, but can't get my laptop's (Acer V 15) integrated mic to turn off and just use the head sets. If I disable the microphone in the sound devices/microphone panel then the mic on the headset won't work. Can't find anything in the bios that would let me enable or disable it either. What can I do? Is there anyway to force just the microphone from the line-in? It's annoying because the hole mic next to the keyboard picks up all key/fan sounds.

Head set is the NUBWO U3.

Pics of sound and recording device panel: https://imgur.com/a/Oi76InO (There's no other hidden devices found).

:)

JJM333, Jul 11, 2018

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Disable integrated microphone and use headset line-in only? [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jul 11, 2018
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 11, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable integrated microphone and use headset line-in only? - Similar Threads - Disable integrated microphone

2. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  3. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  4. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  6. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  7. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  8. Headset only registers as sound or microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only registers as sound or microphone.: Hello, I currently have a pair of Astro A10s that have been working perfectly fine until yesterday. I have two 3.5mm ports one which is green, and one which is pink and blue. I used to have it plugged into the blue and pink one. But once I unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  9. Cant use headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use headset microphone.: When i plug in my headsets my pc doesnt see the input device. It sees the output but it doesnt see the mic. I dont know how i can fix this. Help please. submitted by /u/DaffierLime [link] [comments]...
  10. Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use

Using headset microphone mutes sound completely only when in use: I have a very odd problem that started today (to my knowledge). For whatever reason, whenever my headset microphone is in use, it completely mutes my sound. The headset is a platronics gamecom 780, and it's my ONLY outgoing and incoming sound device, all the others are...