Windows 10: Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology

Discus and support Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology as it my display keeps changing brightness when I browse through it, disrupting my workflow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ABC_158, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ABC_158 Win User

Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology

I need to disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology as it my display keeps changing brightness when I browse through it, disrupting my workflow. However, none of the options to disable it are available in my Windows Windows 10 Professional, see version below.

I tried getting help in the help app and look at the quality of the feedback received from Microsoft below.

This is a disrespect with the costumers!!! Such incompetency!

[COLOR=rgba87, 96, 102, 1]Intel's Display Power Saving Technology Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anshul. I'm a Windows expert and a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba87, 96, 102, 1]
    To maximize your support experience, please refrain from closing this browser on your end and stay in front of the computer all the time. If there is a delay in response from your side for more than 6 minutes, the chat will be ended in the interest of serving our customers who are waiting in the queue. We hope you understand the situation and support us accordingly.

April 9, 2021, 12:46 pm
    Anshul

please elaborate on your issue

April 9, 2021, 12:46 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba255, 255, 255, 1]
    I need to disable the Intel's Display Power Saving Technology, as my display keeps changing brightness and disrupts my workflow

April 9, 2021, 12:47 [/COLOR]
    okay

April 9, 2021, 12:47 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    However, none of the options supposed to be available in my Windows according to the manufacturer of my PC - Dell to disable the function are available to me

April 9, 2021, 12:47 [/COLOR]
    okay

April 9, 2021, 12:48 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    * manufacturer advice: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/...h-intel-display-power-setting-enabled?lang=en

April 9, 2021, 12:48

Please let me know how to disable it

April 9, 2021, 12:48 [/COLOR]
    okay

April 9, 2021, 12:48 pm
    Anshul

press windows key +Rthen type ''winver'then click okthen check the windows version and share

April 9, 2021, 12:49 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.867

April 9, 2021, 12:50 [/COLOR]
    okay

April 9, 2021, 12:50 pm
    Anshul

okay

April 9, 2021, 12:50 pm
    Anshul

uninstalled Intel's Display Power Saving Technology app

April 9, 2021, 12:51 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    ?

April 9, 2021, 12:51

Have you uninstalled it?

April 9, 2021, 12:51 [/COLOR]
    i am telling you to uninstalled

April 9, 2021, 12:52 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    How can I do that?

April 9, 2021, 12:53

That was my question to begin with

April 9, 2021, 12:53 [/COLOR]
    find Intel's Display Power Saving Technology app then uninstalled it

April 9, 2021, 12:54 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    I do NOT have this app

April 9, 2021, 12:54 [/COLOR]
    okay

April 9, 2021, 12:55 pm
    Anshul
    [/COLOR]
    ?

April 9, 2021, 12:55 [/COLOR]
    search control panel in the search bar then click on uninstalled programs then you can see Intel's Display Power Saving Technology
    [/COLOR]

:)

ABC_158, Apr 9, 2021

2. how to disable "intel display power saving technology"

I'm using a Dell Vostro 5490 running Windows 10. Under "display adapters," for me it says

I tried disabling the Intel Display Power Saving Technology, because the automatic foreground/background screen brightness adjustment is annoying. But I can't seem to find the option listed on most guides. There is no Display Power Saving Technology checkbox. There isn't even an Enable adaptive brightness setting in my power options.

Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology l2VUa.jpg

Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology kQkQ9.png

Rockstar5645, Apr 9, 2021
  3. harrymc Win User
    how to disable "intel display power saving technology"

Method 1 : Disable Adaptive brightness in the Registry

• start regedit
    • Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\Media\Brighten Movie
    • Double-click on ProcAmpBrightness, set to 0 and click OK
    • Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\Media\Darken Movie
    • Double-click on ProcAmpBrightness, set to 0 and click OK
    • Exit regedit and reboot

Method 2 : Disable Intel display power saving technology

Disabling Intel display power saving technology is complicated by the fact that
    the Intel Graphics Control Panel no longer shows the option for disabling it.
    Registry work is now required for that:

• Launch regedit
    • Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001
    • Find FeatureTestControl, double-click it and copy its value to the clipboard
      (mine is 8280)
    • Open the Calculator, set it to Programmer mode, click HEX, then paste the value
    • Click BIN (mine: 1000001010000000)
    • Change the 5th bit from the end to 1 (mine: 1000001010010000)
    • Click again on HEX and copy to the clipboard (Ctrl-C)
    • Set FeatureTestControl to this value
    • Reboot

A PowerShell package that does all these manipulations can be found in
    Github dpst-control.
    After unzipping, you may use its scripts, named appropriately
    get-status.bat, disable-dpst.bat and enable-dpst.bat.

Method 3 : Run Power troubleshooter

• Run Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot
    • Click Power > Run the troubleshooter

harrymc, Apr 9, 2021
  4. 99dylan Win User

Intel display power saving technology question

Hi,

I was just wondering what the 'display power saving technology' in the power section of the Intel UHD graphics control panel does.

Also, will it make any noticeable difference to battery life if I enable it?

Thanks!

99dylan, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Disable Intel's Display Power Saving Technology - Similar Threads - Disable Intel's Display

2. Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off windows 11: Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off in Intel® Processor Identification Utility I dont know how to fix it. I tried 3 ways, but it's as before. I have no way out....
  3. Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off windows 11: Intel virtualization technology is turn on but display is off in Intel® Processor Identification Utility I dont know how to fix it. I tried 3 ways, but it's as before. I have no way out....
  4. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  5. Samsung reveals power saving variable refresh rate display technology

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung reveals power saving variable refresh rate display technology: Samsung Display Company today revealed new display technology that features a remarkable power-saving function for mobile electronics, being commercialized for the first time in Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G flagship smartphones. [img] Engineers from Samsung Display are using...
  6. How to uninstall or disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to uninstall or disable Intel Rapid Storage Technology?: I have RAID off and I want to dual-boot Linux with Windows. So I need to turn RST off. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-or-disable-intel-rapid-storage/d6d397c9-866b-4a09-9784-8b3af1127565
  7. disabling virtualization technology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disabling virtualization technology: good day, yesterday i switched to virtualization technology ,and suddenly my laptop has become slow and internet connection i s also slow ,and my wifi works perfectly on my mobile device ,how can i reset my laptop to the way it was a few days ago...
  8. Disable Intel Active Management Technology Profile Synchronization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Intel Active Management Technology Profile Synchronization: How do I disable the subject management system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-intel-active-management-technology-profile/87fd67e6-5371-4997-a9b0-c4a4631c3917
  9. New Intel Architectures and Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Architectures and Technologies: At Intel’s recent Architecture Day, Raja Koduri, Intel’s senior vice president of Core and Visual Computing, outlined a strategic shift for the company’s design and engineering model. This shift combines a series of foundational building blocks that leverage a world-class...
  10. Intel Smart Sound Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Smart Sound Technology: I'm having problems with sound drivers. Yesterday I had no sound at all and after extensive query, downloaded the RealTek audio driver which brought back the sound but now I am getting sound through the display when my headphones are plugged in. In device manager I see a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does intel display power saving affects performance

2. Display Power Saving Technology disable