Windows 10: Disable Jump List per program?

Discus and support Disable Jump List per program? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to disable start menu jump lists per program? For example, I prefer to see a jump list of recent Excel files for ease of access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Telos, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Telos Win User

Disable Jump List per program?

Is it possible to disable start menu jump lists per program?

For example, I prefer to see a jump list of recent Excel files for ease of access to actively used spreadsheets. However, I prefer not to see jump lists of recent 7z files or media I've opened in PotPlayer.

All I've found is an "all or none" approach to jump list activity. Thanks.

:)

Telos, Apr 7, 2019

2. Cant disable the jump list

I think I've turned off everything necessary to disable the taskbar context menu jump list. If I toggle the setting on and off, the items disappear from the context menu,

Disable Jump List per program? [​IMG]

but after that it starts all over again.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Apr 7, 2019
  4. WhyMe Win User

What is the point of Jump Lists?

Thanks for the reply, link and confirmation of their purpose.

It seems then that the sole purpose of Jump Lists are to do the things that I absolutely never want to happen. It just seems so insecure to have lists of all recent activity. Hence the reason why I have always disabled Jump Lists across all programs. Thank you MS for the functionality, but I shall continue to decline and avoid lol

Thread solved

WhyMe, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable Jump List per program? - Similar Threads - Disable Jump List

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  4. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. JUMP Lists

JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  6. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump list File Explorer items not opening program: Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open...
  7. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  8. Cant disable the jump list

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant disable the jump list: I think I've turned off everything necessary to disable the taskbar context menu jump list. If I toggle the setting on and off, the items disappear from the context menu, [img] but after that it starts all over again. 118977
  9. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365
  10. Taskbar program Jump List disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program Jump List disappears: Hi, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom...