Windows 10: Disable just the airplain mode action key?

Discus and support Disable just the airplain mode action key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep accidentally pressing f12 which is the "Airplane mode action key". It is very annoying when I need a constant internet connection. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolidIcecube, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Disable just the airplain mode action key?

I keep accidentally pressing f12 which is the "Airplane mode action key". It is very annoying when I need a constant internet connection. I want to keep my action keys on but just disable the Airplane mode key. I have already done this for the built-in "help" (f1 on hp laptops), by following a tutorial and using a bat file that changed the registry to disable the help key. But there are not tutorials for disabling airplane mode action key, and I'm not sure where it is in the registry. Thanks for any assistance you may provide Disable just the airplain mode action key? :)

submitted by /u/SolidIcecube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolidIcecube, Apr 19, 2020

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Apr 19, 2020
  4. ezzymuuo Win User

Disable just the airplain mode action key?

How to disable Fn key in hp pavillion notebook?

Hi Navil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps for newer BIOS to disable the function keys and check if it helps:

1. Restart the computer. When the hp logo appears, immediately press ESC key then
    F10 to enter the BIOS setup utility.

2. In the BIOS setup utility, open the Configuration menu, and change the setting of
    Action keys mode to Disabled.

3. Open the Exit Menu, and select Exit Saving Changes.

Note: When action keys mode is disabled, press the Fn key and the appropriate hotkey(F1-F12) to access the corresponding hotkey function.

ezzymuuo, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Disable just the airplain mode action key?

1. Disable just the airplain mode action key? - Similar Threads - Disable airplain mode

2. can not turn off airplain mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not turn off airplain mode: Halo l can not turn off airplain mode on my pc ,l have try a lot off metods but nothing help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-turn-off-airplain-mode/63653e7f-d5f3-4d9d-bdf2-a5e093a14ddf
  3. can not turn off airplain mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not turn off airplain mode: Halo l can not turn off airplain mode on my pc ,l have try a lot off metods but nothing help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-turn-off-airplain-mode/63653e7f-d5f3-4d9d-bdf2-a5e093a14ddf
  4. can not turn off airplain mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Action Keys - Disable FN Lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Keys - Disable FN Lock: Good Day,I need help with deactivating the FN lock on my laptop, Windows 11. I want my "F1 to F12" to be a one touch button rather than a 2 step process of Press "FN" then "F1"I tried going to BIOS but I cannot find the setting where this removes it...
  6. Action Keys - Disable FN Lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Keys - Disable FN Lock: Good Day,I need help with deactivating the FN lock on my laptop, Windows 11. I want my "F1 to F12" to be a one touch button rather than a 2 step process of Press "FN" then "F1"I tried going to BIOS but I cannot find the setting where this removes it...
  7. Disabling Windows key + arrow keys shortcut without just disabling Windows key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Windows key + arrow keys shortcut without just disabling Windows key?: I built a new Windows machine last week after using a Mac for almost a decade, and one feature I really liked in macOS is its virtual desktop feature; swapping between panels quickly and easily is really nice when you're like me and desktop space is at a premium due to having...
  8. Restarted in airplaine mode when updates are to be loaded, hung in loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarted in airplaine mode when updates are to be loaded, hung in loop: There were updates to be loaded. I hit restart and the computer hung in a loop. Indicating x minutes to go. But it never finishes and cannot get out of the loop. I took it to a computer store and the Tech had to reload Windows 10. I lost all my data, however, I had a cloud...
  9. Disable Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Action Center: I am running windows 10 with a Planar touchscreen and can not get the action center completely disabled. There are two computers, each running the same programs and hardware setup. I was able to disable action center on one of the two computers, by disabling it in the...
  10. Disable windows key in game mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable windows key in game mode?: Is there a way to disable the windows key when you enable game mode? This would seem like an obvious feature and would be incorporated into the game mode feature, but I couldn't find it....