Windows 10: Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

Discus and support Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903). Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianScrub, May 25, 2019.

1. Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903).

Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it does. How can I disable that window? See photo.

Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift [​IMG]

Thanks, Adrian

:)

AdrianScrub, May 25, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 25, 2019
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 25, 2019
  4. AndreyT Win User

Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

Alt+Shift activates menu - an upleasant annoyance of AU version

The default key combination for switching keyboard layouts is Alt+Shift. Unfortunately, after Anniversary Update Windows often activates the current window's menu bar when one presses Alt+Shift. More precisely, it does switch the keyboard layout, but at the same time it treats Alt+Shift combination as a single Alt hit - it activates the menu bar. This happens in about 9 cases out of 10. This is extremely annoying, since in the middle of typing some text after switching keyboard layout I suddenly discover that the text I type is now interpreted as menu shortcuts.

If I make sure that I press Alt and Shift perfectly simultaneously, it usually works as before (no menu is activated), but in real life it is not possible to hit these keys with perfect simultaneity all the time.

Older versions of Windows (including pre-AU Windows 10) were handling this situation more gracefully. They understood that Alt+Shift combination had special meaning and that there's no need to activate the menu in response to Alt+Shift. But not anymore.

I can probably teach myself to use Win+Space combination for switching keyboards, which does not suffer from this issue. But Alt+Shift has always felt more convenient for me.

AndreyT, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

1. Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift - Similar Threads - Disable keyboard list

2. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  3. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  4. Beeping when pressing 'ctrl, alt, shift, and win' keys windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping when pressing 'ctrl, alt, shift, and win' keys windows 11: Hello, for some reason the windows, alt, ctrl, and shift keys beep when I press then, I can get it to stop by pressing 2 of the keys at the same time, but if I switch to another window, like for example, a game, and the beeping resumes. I've pretty much searched everywhere...
  5. Beeping when pressing 'ctrl, alt, shift, and win' keys windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping when pressing 'ctrl, alt, shift, and win' keys windows 11: Hello, for some reason the windows, alt, ctrl, and shift keys beep when I press then, I can get it to stop by pressing 2 of the keys at the same time, but if I switch to another window, like for example, a game, and the beeping resumes. I've pretty much searched everywhere...
  6. WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InformedChoice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qppd8p/windows_10_how_to_disable_the_altshift_keyboard/
  7. Alt tab disables keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt tab disables keyboard: After opening a game or just after a few minutes of turning on my laptop, using the Alt + tab totally disables my keyboard for a couple of seconds and it's really annoying, any help?...
  8. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  9. Disable keyboard list popup when pressing alt + shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable keyboard list popup when pressing alt + shift: Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903). Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it does. How can I disable that window? See photo. [IMG] Thanks, Adrian...
  10. can't disable alt shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't disable alt shift: hello, I want to disable alt shift, but the language tab in control center is gone. does anyone know a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-disable-alt-shift/89019076-3622-4ee4-af02-2b76a031980d