Windows 10: Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc.

Discus and support Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You can use any software if it supports AutoHotkey .ahk scripts. I use FastKeys so I show the solution in that. I will write it detailed so if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dryn07, Feb 12, 2021.

1. dryn07 Win User

Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc.

You can use any software if it supports AutoHotkey .ahk scripts. I use FastKeys so I show the solution in that. I will write it detailed so if you don't even know what autohotkey is, doesn't matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// -------------------- If you know what you are doing -------------------- //

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just paste this in your script: Alt::Return

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// --------------------If you don't know what you are doing -------------------- //

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. download fastkeys or autohotkey you can download portable versions too and use them without installation

2. make a file with .ahk extension in %fastkeys install folder%\Documents\Scripts just make a .txt file and rename .txt to .ahk, for example disablealt.ahk. If you don't see file extensions, you can enable it in file explorer's View ribbon menu

3. open a text editor notepad, notepad++ and open the created .ahk file

4. paste this code:

Alt::Return

5. save it, run and open fastkeys -> go to Shortcuts -> create new with the + symbol -> Change the button on the top left to Command -> paste this to the text field:

%dir%\disablealt.ahk

6. run the script with the shortcut you gave. You can see the script running by looking the duplicated fastkeys icon on the windows tray. There is two ways to make it stop: close the mentioned new script icon with mouse right click, or you can add this code to the .ahk file and just enable/disable the script if you don't want to use it:

^!p::Pause ;will pause if you press Ctrl+Shift+p

You can use any shortcut where:

^ = Ctrl
    ! = Shift
    + = Alt

or just check autohotkey documentation or forum for more combinations :

There are other codes to try but for me this was the only one that worked.

I hope this helped, have a nice day.

:)

dryn07, Feb 12, 2021
  2. zamar21 Win User

Turn On or Off Underline Access Key Shortcuts in Menus in Windows 10

Can someone suggest, how to add an Underline Access Key Shortcut to a cascading menu item in Desktop Context Menu, whether existing by default, or new item manually added by a user?

zamar21, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Cannot 0pen saved Photoshop Elements 12 files.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the default program to open the saved Photoshop files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the file and select Open With.
    • Select the default program from the list.
    • If Photoshop is not available, then click on browse and select the correct default program from the Program files.
    • Click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2021
  4. shytot Win User

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Hi
    I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

shytot, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc. - Similar Threads - Disable LAlt key

2. using keys on selection menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using keys on selection menu: i use phone link in windows 10 when making a call sometimes you have to make a selection with typing a key : 1 for english 2 for dutch ..these key strokes from windows are possible to type but not accepted by listener is there a setting for this or is this not possible ?Guy...
  3. using keys on selection menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using keys on selection menu: i use phone link in windows 10 when making a call sometimes you have to make a selection with typing a key : 1 for english 2 for dutch ..these key strokes from windows are possible to type but not accepted by listener is there a setting for this or is this not possible ?Guy...
  4. Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11

Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11: I have been trying to figure out how to disable mnemonics menu bar underlines in Windows 11 for months and I cannot seem to find a straightforward answer. I simply want to see clean text in the topmost menu bars of my software, rather than the unsightly sporadic letter...
  5. In win11, the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In win11, the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?: In some Windows 11 the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?in win11, Can't Shut Down with WinKey+X+U+U ,the u is not underlined in the Shutdown or sign-out entry and in the Shut down entry in the fly-out sub-menu ???? how to fix this u underline shortcutkey...
  6. In win11, the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?

In win11, the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?: In some Windows 11 the quick link menu not showing underlined shortcut key ?in win11, Can't Shut Down with WinKey+X+U+U ,the u is not underlined in the Shutdown or sign-out entry and in the Shut down entry in the fly-out sub-menu ???? how to fix this u underline shortcutkey...
  7. Can't disable underline access keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable underline access keys: The problem is that when i plug in my gamepad there are underline access keys in the context menus that i can't disable even if access keys option is disabled in the control panel and registry. This issue appears in recent builds of Windows and in Windows 11, but in older...
  8. Can't disable underline access keys

Can't disable underline access keys: The problem is that when i plug in my gamepad there are underline access keys in the context menus that i can't disable even if access keys option is disabled in the control panel and registry. This issue appears in recent builds of Windows and in Windows 11, but in older...
  9. Can't disable underline access keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Good Photoshop program?

Good Photoshop program?: Hi, I am looking for a good Photoshop program that is similar to paint and costs nothing! Gutes Photoshop Programm?