Windows 10: disable lockscreen password

Discus and support disable lockscreen password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There used to be a setting to turn off password on lock screen. It is no longer available. Why? And how do I disable that password? It is annoying and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanRositer, Nov 18, 2018.

1. disable lockscreen password

There used to be a setting to turn off password on lock screen. It is no longer available. Why? And how do I disable that password? It is annoying and not needed for my use.

Dan

:)

DanRositer, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Lockscreen without password

Correct. I switched to a local account with no password.

The only other thing I can suggest is, create a photo screensaver with your desired image, then turn off screensaver settings. Then, navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr" and create a shortcut to the 'PhotoScreensaver.scr' file and pin it to your taskbar or quick launch and click it to engage:

disable lockscreen password [​IMG]

EDIT: Mind you, it won't be the Lock Screen with the date and time on it though! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 18, 2018
  3. AlphaUMi Win User

Thank you again Edwin, I've tried what you suggested. But the only thing that happens is that the display turns off. The lockscreen isn't affected at all. I can lock the computer on demand with Win+L key if I want, but the issue remains: Windows asks me for the password.

Smartphones with Android, that are more at risk of theft or security issues allow you to disable password if you want to. But this is a home computer. I begin to think Microsoft took the definition of "lockscreen" in the strongest way.

EDIT: I do not have a "Sign in" button. I have a text field for password insertion. Maybe you do not have set up a password at all?

AlphaUMi, Nov 18, 2018
  4. AlphaUMi Win User

disable lockscreen password

Hi to everyone!

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home (updated). I have already disabled the option to insert my password on boot and logon. I would like to use the lockscreen as I did with a screensaver, no security issues. Problem is that every time I want to go back to the desktop, I have to insert my password. Is there a way or an hack of some sort do disable the password request and return back directly from the lockscreen to the desktop?

Thanks in advance,

Alpha

AlphaUMi, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

disable lockscreen password

1. disable lockscreen password - Similar Threads - disable lockscreen password

2. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  3. No password no lockscreen no bull ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No password no lockscreen no bull ...: Updated to win10 finally from win 7. How can i deactivate the fkn lockscreen and PW ?! i want to boot into windows without any hassle. netplwiz => PW are already deactivated. winlogon in registry => only one user already Still got lockscreen and have to enter PW....
  4. How to disable lockscreen and password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable lockscreen and password?: I tried the ntplwiz method, it didn't work. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zc0i/how_to_disable_lockscreen_and_password/
  5. Lockscreen password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen password: I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my husband rarely used them. Now we want to separate them out more. I tried today to change the lockscreen password on the laptop my...
  6. lockscreen password returned!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lockscreen password returned!: I have never used a password to log in to my W10 Pro PC, I even have the box in security settings un-ticked. However, last week I discovered that I now have to use my password again....why? I do not yet have the latest update....
  7. Disable BackGround On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable BackGround On Lockscreen: Hello, I'd like to know how to disable background on Lockscreen after startup (When we input user name and password) ? Thanks. 89873
  8. how to disable LockScreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable LockScreen?: Can anyone tell me how to disable LockScreen? - I would like completely erase the lock screen. Neither the GPEdit, nor the regedit trick worked properly: "Do not display the lock screen" is "Enabled", but the lock screen keeps appearing at start. Thanks. 5075
  9. Lockscreen without password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen without password: Hi to everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home (updated). I have already disabled the option to insert my password on boot and logon. I would like to use the lockscreen as I did with a screensaver, no security issues. Problem is that every time I want to go back to...
  10. Disabling lockscreen with 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling lockscreen with 14393: It seems MS have removed the ability to disable the lockscreen using a registry edit. On my tablet, I now have to swipe screen to get to login prompt and after sleep. If you set it to autologin using netplwiz or similar, it does not need to swiped at login, only after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lockscreen win l no password