Windows 10: Disable log-off while account is locked.

Discus and support Disable log-off while account is locked. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. When I leave my computer I lock it using the windows key + L. After some time when I unlock the account I see that my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Veasst, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Veasst Win User

Disable log-off while account is locked.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. When I leave my computer I lock it using the windows key + L. After some time when I unlock the account I see that my account was logged off and I lost all my running programs (everything just restarted). It also happens when I log in using Remote Desktop, exit it (not logging off) and then coming back after like 1-2 hours.
    Is there anything I can do to prevent that happening?

:)

Veasst, Aug 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Fingerprint logon not working after specific user logs on

I have already disabled fingerprint login in account settings.

I have also removed my prints and added them again.

And I can still login with fingerprint after the other user has logged in and then locked the screen or logged off etc.

Marianne vdM, Aug 5, 2016
  3. auto log off windows 10

While there is no auto log off feature the lock screen coupled with disabling fast user switching may meet your needs. Fast user switching is what allows multiple users to be logged in at the same time, so when it is disabled it logs other users out when
    a new user logs in.

Run gpedit.msc and navigate to Local Computer Policy>Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Logon

Open “Hide Entry Points for Fast User Switching“ and select “Enabled” to turn Fast User Switching off.

ChazSewell, Aug 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, suggest you have a look at your Reliability History and see if anything is being recorded around the times of interest. Are you sure your PC logged off rather than restarted? E.g. after a BSOD?

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Veasst Win User
    There's no errors in Reliability History. In event log I've got something like:

Disable log-off while account is locked. [​IMG]

Errors here doesn't seem to be connected with the problem. I belive they're just thrown, because service is being stopped by log-off.

Veasst, Aug 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Suggest checking for event id 6005 or 6006 in the appropriate time periods. If you got that, your PC restarted.

Log off: might be 4647 (user initiated); 4634 (An account was logged off); 538: (User Logoff)
    When you've confirmed it wasn't a restart, note these- assuming you find them.

Have a look at the times at which the event occurred - is there any consistency?

Could it be some scheduled task? An auto shutdown type of program?

See:
    Solved Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity? - Windows 10 Forums

It's always worth searching the forum. You may well find more threads on this if you do so.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  7. Veasst Win User
    So that's what I found:

It logs me out after 2 hours of disconnecting from remote desktop.

Veasst, Aug 6, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Have you read #10 and around there in the link I posted?

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  9. Veasst Win User
    Sorry. Don't know how I missed the link...
    There were no restarts/shutdowns lately. Last shutdown was made 18.07.2016 by myself, so that's not the case. Also didn't find any events that You provided. Only those which I found.

Veasst, Aug 6, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, so am I correct in thinking the log off occurs rather randomly and may not occur at all sometimes? (A consistent pattern is usually easier to identify)

What is then puzzling as you didn't find those event ids is what sort of event is actually occurring. Assuming a normal process is occurring, there should be a corresponding event log entry.

To identify the time when your PC logs off (or whatever it's doing) so you can inspect the event log at that time, try creating a very simple log, e.g. writing the time to a file every minute. So when you find the PC has logged off/whatever you can then note the last time and inspect the event log accordingly.

Many people have reported issue with sleep: either going to sleep or resuming.

If you wished to try preventing some of these events as an experiment, you could try this free program:

dalchina, Aug 7, 2016
  11. Veasst Win User
    No, no, no. It's not random. It always logs me off 2 hours after disconnecting from Remote Desktop as shown in post #5. I don't know if You missed the screenshot or it doesn't show for you, but it's there.

Veasst, Aug 7, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    You said 'There were no restarts/shutdowns lately.' so I wondered if that meant it had stopped happening you see. Anyway, I've suggested a way you might be able to find a related event in the log..hence the event id. So far you can't identify a related even id.

Is it log off or restart? If not, then what?

Beyond that it's elimination.
    - does it happen in safe mode
    - does it happen after a clean boot
    - does it happen if you disable all scheduled tasks

etc... reach a point when it's not happening, and enable progressively or examine what's been disabled.

dalchina, Aug 7, 2016
  13. Veasst Win User

What I meant was that there are no restarts/shutdowns, but only automatic logoffs 2 hours after disconnecting from the remote desktop (on the computer, which I was connected to). That's all what happens.

Tried everything You proposed, but nothing helped. I'm still getting signed out. All I found is something in policies called "Force logoff when logon hours expire", but it also didn't help. Same with disabling scheduled tasks/going into safe mode.

Veasst, Aug 7, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, no new ideas. I'll have to leave this to someone else.

dalchina, Aug 8, 2016
  15. Veasst Win User
    Yay! Found it in registry!
    In:
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services[/quote] there is "MaxDisconnectionTime", which was set to 7200000 (2 hours in ms). After changing it to 0 and restarting the computer it fixed my problem. The computer doesn't log me off anymore.

Veasst, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Disable log-off while account is locked. - Similar Threads - Disable log off

2. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  3. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  4. User logged off or the session is locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PC auto logging off while active

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC auto logging off while active: I am active on my pc and it suddenly logs me out for no reason, and this has nothing to do with "log out due to inactivity" because I'm ACTIVE.I didn't install any viruses, weird apps, computer hacks etc. and I keep getting logged off for no reason......it would be a pleasure...
  6. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled): I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark fingerprint reader I have set up with Windows Hello. The PC will sometimes randomly lock itself while I'm using it. It seems...
  7. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  8. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  9. Locked account when signing off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locked account when signing off: Greetings to everyone, (english is my second language, excuse any errors in text) Currently experiencing some problems with my workstation, been trying to solve the issue for some time now. Need clues. When signing off my computer (or restarting or shutting down) my...
  10. Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Failures After Log Off/Lock/Sleep: Upgrade to Win10Pro from Win7Pro. System is set to use secure logon with Cntrl-Alt-Del in conjunction with Yubikey. It is also set to require login after going to sleep or hibernate. Attempts to login inevitably fail after locking workstation or waking from sleep/hibernation....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logoff while locked