Windows 10: Disable logging

Discus and support Disable logging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Open the PROPERTIES sheet for most any Event Viewer item and there is a check mark in the "Enable logging" box. However, the box is grayed out, so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Mar 28, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

Disable logging

Open the PROPERTIES sheet for most any Event Viewer item and there is a check mark in the "Enable logging" box.
    However, the box is grayed out, so it cannot be UNchecked. Can this be done?

:)

borgus, Mar 28, 2017
  2. magster23 Win User

Disable log in

YOU ARE A GENIUS!! Worked perfectly. How do I give you five stars or whatever equates? Thank you SO much.

magster23, Mar 28, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Disable log in

OK, the small circular picture is the image associated with your account, by default it is a gray circle with a generic user logo. Up to the Anniversary update there was a registry hack that could get rid of it. However now it is impossible to get rid of
    it . . . a lot of users have asked to be able to get rid of this, maybe Microsoft is listening and the option might be added in a future update

Glad you were able to get rid of the need for a password!

DaveM121, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Disable logging

It can be done via registry, but be careful about, what you disable. I disable those:

Code: reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\Audio" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\FaceRecoTel" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\FaceUnlock" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\ReadyBoot" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\WiFiSession" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Mar 28, 2017
  5. borgus Win User
    Thanks for the feedback.

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable logging

1. Disable logging - Similar Threads - Disable logging

2. I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...: Windows 11 Home, HP All-in one,+System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-User Device Registration[ Guid]{23b8d46b-67dd-40a3-b636-d43e50552c6d}EventID360Version0Level3Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000000-TimeCreated[...
  3. I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...: Windows 11 Home, HP All-in one,+System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-User Device Registration[ Guid]{23b8d46b-67dd-40a3-b636-d43e50552c6d}EventID360Version0Level3Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000000-TimeCreated[...
  4. I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.: I’ve had this constant issue with my dell desktop, I can put it on sleep and leave it for weeks, and when I return to it, it’s still just in sleep mode, but other times, if I return to the computer 30 mins after putting it in sleep mode, it will have restarted/ shut down, it...
  5. I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.

I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.: I’ve had this constant issue with my dell desktop, I can put it on sleep and leave it for weeks, and when I return to it, it’s still just in sleep mode, but other times, if I return to the computer 30 mins after putting it in sleep mode, it will have restarted/ shut down, it...
  6. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  7. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  8. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration: Hey man i have followed you instructions and disabled or accidentally enabled some configuration for card reader - smart card and now i cannot log in in my computer its when i type my password to log in on Computer-Windows it says “you must use Windows Hello or smart card to...
  10. Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration

Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration: Hey man i have followed you instructions and disabled or accidentally enabled some configuration for card reader - smart card and now i cannot log in in my computer its when i type my password to log in on Computer-Windows it says “you must use Windows Hello or smart card to...