Windows 10: Disable login password

Discus and support Disable login password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I linked my Windows 10 account to a Microsoft account in order to activate my online License as described here Now Windows is asking me for my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TexTwil, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TexTwil Win User

Disable login password

Hi,
    I linked my Windows 10 account to a Microsoft account in order to activate my online License as described here

Now Windows is asking me for my live password or PIN. Is there a way to remove that password/pin? I tried this method but it results in having two accounts with the same name on the login screen. One without a password and one with.

Is there a way to get the behaviour I had before i.e. having Windows start till the desktop without password?

(I know that an OS without a password is not recommended but I do not care about that)

cheers

:)

TexTwil, Aug 21, 2019

2. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Disable login password

Windows 10 - disable login passwords

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to disable User account password.

• Are you using Microsoft User account or Local User account to log-in?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

1. Search in the taskbar netplwiz

2. Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says
    user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Now, press OK or hit enter.

3. A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press
    ok button.

4. Click Ok button and you are done. You will no longer required to enter password each time you start your computer.

If you want to revert back password login feature, repeat the process explained above and check the field which says, user must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Now, enter the login credential to confirm the process.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Disable login password

1. Disable login password - Similar Threads - Disable login password

2. Disable Login Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  3. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Login Password: I would like to disable my login password once and for all. And it seems very complicated to achieve this result. Does anyone know the procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-login-password/0bfae5ef-db42-48db-9aad-7198e459a48f
  4. Disable Login Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing option for disabling login password? How to disable login password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing option for disabling login password? How to disable login password?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AbonIamme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3f8n9/missing_option_for_disabling_login_password_how/
  6. Disable password/pin on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password/pin on login: Hello. Currently when I log in it asks me for either a password or a pin for my Microsoft account. Is there a way to disable the password when I log in? Do I need to switch from a Microsoft account login to a local account login? If I do switch will that change anything i.e.,...
  7. Disable login password

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable login password: Hi, I linked my Windows 10 account to a Microsoft account in order to activate my online License as described here Now Windows is asking me for my live password or PIN. Is there a way to remove that password/pin? I tried this method but it results in having two accounts with...
  8. Disabling Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Windows 10 Login Password: I want to be able to disable the step to type in my Windows login password every time I restart and to turn on my laptop. Went to third party sites and nothing works. Thanks in advance....
  9. login password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password disable: how to disable login password? already try "netplwiz", not working, still ask me to login to my Microsoft account running the latest windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password-disable/8e422b4a-2976-44d0-9fd4-204e22a66949
  10. Disabling the login PIN without a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disabling the login PIN without a password: I've been using a pin to login to windows 10 after boot up, but now I've decided I would rather have it login automatically. I've seen many explanations on how to disable the pin, but they all require a password. I'm pretty sure I never entered a password for this computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off password on startup windows10

2. start up password cancel windows 10

3. deactivate password in laptop

4. turn off windows 10 password on startup,
  5. disable password windows 10 didnt work,
  6. turn off windows passwords on start up,
  7. how do i disable passwords login,
  8. how to disable startup login password