Windows 10: Disable media preview on hover

Discus and support Disable media preview on hover in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When in file explorer, hovering over a media file will display/play the file in a preview box. I'd preferably like to keep the pop-up for image files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LookMa_NoAccount, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Disable media preview on hover

When in file explorer, hovering over a media file will display/play the file in a preview box. I'd preferably like to keep the pop-up for image files and disable it for audio/video, but I'll happily disable both if there is no other way.

submitted by /u/LookMa_NoAccount
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LookMa_NoAccount, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Vwake123 Win User

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

Hello Daiyue,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted if it helps the Task bar hover preview work on the new user account. This would help us to ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Disable media preview on hover

How Do You Disable Autoclick when Cursor is Hovering on Surface

Hi Simon,

Regarding your query on how to disable the mouse hover feature in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:

• Right click the Start menu.
    • Go to the Control Panel and click it.
    • Please select Ease of Access Centre option.
    • Choose Make mouse easier to use.
    • In That section, please uncheck Activate a Window by hovering over it with mouse.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Disable media preview on hover

1. Disable media preview on hover - Similar Threads - Disable media preview

2. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  3. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  4. Hover previews driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hover previews driving me nuts: Hiya,I was wondering if anyone can save my sanity.When i try to minimise a window i get a preview popup see image below every time my curser/mouse pointer runs over the minimise button in the top right hand corner of my browser. It is absolutely driving me nuts.I've searched...
  5. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  6. How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview: Can anyone help me figure out how to disablethe hover preview for taskbar apps in the latest updated windows 10? I tried via gpedit.msc but it is telling that gpedit.msc doesn't exist on my comp? thanks submitted by /u/SmychkaMayakovsky16 [link] [comments]...
  7. Image Preview Hover not working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Preview Hover not working?: Hello, I am trying to set up a quick and accessible folder that also shows large previews of the images inside. At the moment I currently have to click on each image to load them up which is time consuming and a bit annoying. Is there a way I can do this? [ATTACH]...
  8. How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?

How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?: Disable these little text previews when your mouse hovers over an icon on the taskbar? For some reason even when I cursor is somewhere else these annoying little shits are still taking up a precious 1% of my screen. submitted by /u/TheZergBerg [link] [comments]...
  9. File Hover Preview - how?

File Hover Preview - how?: Hello! After updating to windows 10, I am unable to hover over a file (such as a PDF) within a folder to see a preview of what it is. I’ve looked online and can only find how to enable the preview for the tool bar. Can someone please suggest how to get this feature back?...
  10. disable hover popups

in Windows 10 Support
    disable hover popups: Does anyone know how to disable over popups on windows 10? When using windows 10 email and hovering over a clickable link, such as a picture, there is a huge hover popup with the entire URL. It is annoying and takes up a big part of the screen. see screenshot below. [img]...