Windows 10: Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.

Discus and support Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a keyboard that has a volume control wheel that changes the master volume of windows.Is there a registry entry I can edit to disable this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NicSchittenhelm, May 27, 2022.

1. Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.

I have a keyboard that has a volume control wheel that changes the master volume of windows.Is there a registry entry I can edit to disable this without disabling the key entirely? Because I want to still pick up the input inside a python script to control something else.thx in advance :

:)

NicSchittenhelm, May 27, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The change in master volume won’t affect the volume on your headset until and unless the device is set as
    default. I suggest you to set the headphone as default device and see if the issue persists.

• Connect the audio device to your PC.
    • Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on your headset and set it as default audio device.
    • Exit sound control panel, and check if the issue persists.

Additional Information: Turtle
    Beach Recon 600 for Xbox One - PC compatibility

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 27, 2022
  3. 000qwerty Win User
    Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

The solution below will solve (removing beep noise) the problem:

1. Open Windows Registry (regedit.exe).
    2. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT
    3. Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1.
    4. Restart PC

But, it will cause issues when I try to change the volume from my headphones. They no longer control the master volume / volume mixer, but still adjusts the sound level when volume up/down is pressed.

So, is there a way to remove the beep noise altogether without doing that registry change?

Note: There is no beep noise when I change the volume to 100% or 0% on the built-in Laptop speakers.

000qwerty, May 27, 2022
  4. Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.

any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.

1. Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry. - Similar Threads - Disable mediakeys changing

2. Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Speaker RealtekR Audio doesn't change volume when I change the master volume?: Hello, I recently got a new issue. My default speakers built into the laptop don't work as expected after I fiddled with the volume mixer for individual apps and probably when using headphones and switching between them this happened during a video game, so I don't recall...
  3. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  4. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  5. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mediakeys changing master volume in registry.: I have a keyboard that has a volume control wheel that changes the master volume of windows.Is there a registry entry I can edit to disable this without disabling the key entirely? Because I want to still pick up the input inside a python script to control something else.thx...
  7. Game Changing Windows Master Volume on It's own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Changing Windows Master Volume on It's own: Hello,For some reason whenever I click on the game "Black Desert" my windows 10 master volume automatically gets set to 18. It doesn't matter what the volume was previously set to. Here is a video demonstrating this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPHJ7cErGBgNo other game or...
  8. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  9. Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600: So I bought a Turtle Beach Recon 600 along with the PC adapter which allows to use the headset in bluetooth. Everything works great other than when I use it on the PC it only has one sound volume. The Master Volume doesn't effect the headset at all as I can have it at 0%...
  10. Registry Hack to DISABLE Master Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Hack to DISABLE Master Browser: I'm sick and tired of loosing network sharing browsing. I have seven wired Win10 machines on my network that are not always on. I want to disable the master browser on all my machines but one or two that are always on... There are a few sites showing a reg hack but the exact...