Windows 10: Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

Discus and support Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PabloAncarola, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

Hello there,

I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get the message "This page was just here a second ago" If I refresh it works great so I'm assuming the issue is the "InPrivate" mode.

I tried disabling it from GPO > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge > Allow InPrivate browsing

and from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Edge with no avail.

I'm sure something is missing and if someone could give me a hand that would be great!

Thanks

:)

PabloAncarola, Jan 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser

Hi.

I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL
    to my company's server.

Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop, switch apps or change settings. Which is exactly what I want. I plan to use this PC for public use, to ONLY display content from our server. The
    public users cannot do anything else on this pc.

The issue I am having is in this Kiosk Mode - running Edge. Right click is enabled and this brings up the Microsoft Edge Context Menu. The public users can highlight a text, and do a "Search the Web for
    <whatever is highlighted>". This brings up another webpage and brings the computer to be unusable. This new webpage is blocked in fullscreen and due to the system being in Kiosk mode, we are unable to get out of this screen. Only option is to Ctrl Alt Del,
    and log back in .

How do I disable Windows Edge Context Menu or disable the right click on the mouse for Windows Edge? because their is also other links like Read aloud I want no possible way to navigate away from our intended
    page im sure this must have something to do with the bing search engine but even disabling that would still have other options in the context menu like read aloud which I do not want

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fpcvickskiosk, Jan 28, 2020
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Edge records history InPrivate mode

Well, that is rather interesting observation.

Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode [​IMG]

Did you observe that during your browsing or after you're done? Please post the screen!

snoopy51, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

Acrobat reader in kiosk mode

Hi,

I'm trying to use Acrobat Reader instead of Edge in kiosk mode in order to show a pdf but I can't understand how to add Acrobat to the list of application that are allowed to work under kiosk mode

thanks in advance

Enrco

EnricoRollo, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

1. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode - Similar Threads - Disable Microsft Edge

2. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...: running kiosk mode in windows 10 pro. i have setup edge as digital signage in kiosk mode , but storage for edge is limited to ~500mb.i want to increase that limit....
  3. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...: running kiosk mode in windows 10 pro. i have setup edge as digital signage in kiosk mode , but storage for edge is limited to ~500mb.i want to increase that limit....
  4. while running edge browser in kiosk mode , system allocate only 500mb to browser , is there...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  6. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  7. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.

Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.: Here at my staffing agency, we are trying to put out our applications on some computers in the front of the office for our candidates to apply/register on. We are trying to do this with Kiosk mode on the Windows platform. The issue being one of the computers updated the Edge...
  9. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser: Hi. I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL to my company's server. Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop,...
  10. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565