Windows 10: Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

Discus and support Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I literally confused. I got battery problem on my Asus A412FL, it shutdown immadiately when I unplug the charger. I reinstall Windows 10, updating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AriefBayu, Apr 25, 2021.

1. AriefBayu Win User

Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

I literally confused. I got battery problem on my Asus A412FL, it shutdown immadiately when I unplug the charger. I reinstall Windows 10, updating the drivers, bios and nothing happen. But, when I disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" my laptop still awake like usual even I can't see battery percentage. I'm trying to enable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" again but the problem comes again. My question is:1 is it safe if I disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" for a long time?2 is it a bug from windows?Thanks in advance!

:)

AriefBayu, Apr 25, 2021

2. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method: What has to do with battery?

Yes, it is one of the things to try before deciding the battery is faulty. Uninstall it in Device Manager and scan for hardware changes. Device Manager will reinstall it again. ACPI stands for 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface'.

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface - Wikipedia

4. Bree Win User

Two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager

I have several Dell Latitude laptops, E4310, E7270 & E7440. Both the E4310 and E7440 list the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' twice in Device Manager (both working normally), uninstall them and they both reappear on a restart or a scan for new devices. Google shows this to be common, both for Dell and HP laptops.

Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" [​IMG]

This hasn't been a problem until now, all battery-related functions worked normally. But generating a Battery Report...

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

... now says that no batteries are installed. The Battery usage showed a blank chart, that section and the Battery Capacity History both showed a list of dates and times, but without any battery data. Everything else battery-related was still working normally.

Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" [​IMG]

The battery report had worked normally a year ago under 1809 (I have a saved battery report from back then). I don't know exactly when it stopped working, but now in 1909 it fails to see any battery. All other battery functions still work normally, the taskbar correctly shows the charge and time remaining (or time to full charge).

Removing both in device manager, then scanning for hardware changes would allow one battery report to be created that could see a battery, but generating any subsequent ones would say 'no battery installed' again.

I found a workaround to get the battery report working normally again - disable (not uninstall) the second ACPI battery. Battery reports now show the details of the installed battery.

It is probably relevant that both the affected machines are capable of supporting a second battery. Seems until recently the battery report was correctly reporting on battery #1, but is now by default reporting the condition of the (not present) battery #2. With the second ACPI battery disabled in Device manager, the taskbar icon no longer lists a 'battery 2: not present' as it did in the screenshot above.

https://www.dell.com/community/Latit...t/td-p/6239038

Thema:

1. Disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" - Similar Threads - Disable Microsoft ACPI

2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  3. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  4. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  5. Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Why is the Name of this Driver Microsoft *Surface* ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery even im not having a Microsoft Surface ,im having a Normal Old Laptop?Is It Normal?And Should I Roll it back or this version is Good?...
  6. ACPI compliant control method battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  7. ACPI compliant control method battery

ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  8. ACPI compliant control method battery

9. Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing

Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery missing: I performed the latest update and lost my battery icon on the task bar. After some research I tried to "Fix" the problem by an uninstall. However I have totally lost the Microsoft ACPI-compliant coontrol method battery. It does not appear under devices>batteries. How do I...
  10. Disabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in device manager.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in device manager.: I am wondering what disabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery from device manager actually does? When I disable this my laptop Levono IdeaPad s340 still retains power even if it is not plugged in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....