Windows 10: Disable Microsoft IME?

Discus and support Disable Microsoft IME? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use two system languages and keyboard layouts: German (QWERTZ) and Japanese (Google IME). Since the last update hit yesterday, a third keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by T33K3SS3LCH3N, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Disable Microsoft IME?

I use two system languages and keyboard layouts: German (QWERTZ) and Japanese (Google IME).

Since the last update hit yesterday, a third keyboard layout was added without my consent: Japanese (Microsoft IME). I do not want this, because it makes it more tedious to switch between the German and Google IME keyboards when I use Windows+Space to toggle between them.

My assumption was that I could go to Settings -> Languages -> Japanese -> Keyboards and remove the Microsoft IME there. But it is not listed anywhere, so I can't get rid of it. The only option I'm offered is to remove the entire language, which I do not want since I want to keep using the Google IME.

How can I remove or disable the Microsoft IME?

:)

T33K3SS3LCH3N, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Pinyin IME disable sign showed up

Hi Mimi,

We may need to review the language settings on your computer to correct the problem. Before we proceed with applying necessary changes, please answer these questions so we can gather more details:

• What update was installed on the computer?
    • How do you switch between input languages?

You can follow these steps to check the current input language settings on your device:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to Region & language.
    • See if Chinese is still available. If it's not, click on Add a language to download the Chinese input language.

Once you are able to add the language, we can configure the input methods in Control Panel. Here are the steps:

• From Region & language in the Settings window, click on Additional date, time, & regional settings.
    • Open Language.
    • On the left panel, click on Advanced settings.
    • Under Override for default input method, choose Chinese - Microsoft IME.

Let us know if you're able to fix the problem after trying the suggestions above.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Disable Microsoft IME?

IME disabled

Hello Janie,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the disabled function on your computer may be caused by some configuration or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?

Note: You may check the version of Windows that you are using by clicking
    Start, type Winver and press Enter.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Disable Microsoft IME?

1. Disable Microsoft IME? - Similar Threads - Disable Microsoft IME

2. How to completely disable the English mode in Microsoft Pinyin IME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely disable the English mode in Microsoft Pinyin IME?: In the Microsoft Pinyin IME, there are two modes - English and Chinese. These can be toggled by clicking the icon in the taskbar, or by pressing Shift default. However, I found that if I switch between windows typing in Chinese in Word then switching to Google Chrome for...
  3. How to completely disable the English mode in Microsoft Pinyin IME?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable the English mode in Microsoft Pinyin IME?: In the Microsoft Pinyin IME, there are two modes - English and Chinese. These can be toggled by clicking the icon in the taskbar, or by pressing Shift default. However, I found that if I switch between windows typing in Chinese in Word then switching to Google Chrome for...
  4. How to disable or delete alphanumeric input method from Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable or delete alphanumeric input method from Microsoft IME: I use three languages input in my Windows 10 Pro. It's English Thai and JapaneseIME and I want to use English Keyboard Separately from Microsoft IME Japanese Keyboard so I want to disable/remove Alphanumeric input method from Microsoft IME and I don't know how to do that. I...
  5. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  6. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  7. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft IME not working

Microsoft IME not working: Recently i just installed Microsoft IME and i cannot switch inputs successfully. whenever I switch inputs it says "Japanese IME is not ready yet. Any idea on how to solve this?...
  9. Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now. I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with...
  10. Japanese IME is disabled, nothing fixes it.

Japanese IME is disabled, nothing fixes it.: Hello, When I try to press the small 'A' button on the lower right side of the task bar instead of changing to its hiragana counterpart when set to Japanese it displays a small x in a circle. When this circle is tapped it says "IME Disabled". I have tried reinstalling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings for microsoft ime

2. advanced settings for microsoft ime

3. c# disable inputmethod

4. microsoft ime settings,
  5. windows ime,
  6. How to disable Microsoft ime,
  7. turn the chinese input method editor (ime) on or off,
  8. microsoft ime setting,
  9. c# windows10 ime disable,
  10. how to remove Microsoft IME,
  11. microsoft ime remove windows 10,