Windows 10: Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?

Discus and support Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft OneDrive interferes with my activities and pirates from other programs I'm using. How can I disable it? I may want to use it later but NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MicheleZustak, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?

Microsoft OneDrive interferes with my activities and pirates from other programs I'm using. How can I disable it? I may want to use it later but NOT RIGHT NOW so I prefer not to uninstall. Please help.

:)

MicheleZustak, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 7, 2018
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How?

1. Disable Microsoft OneDrive without uninstalling it. How? - Similar Threads - Disable Microsoft OneDrive

2. Cant uninstall microsoft onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant uninstall microsoft onedrive: i want to uninstall it because its so annoying see those sync logos on my files and other stuff, but when i go try to uninstall it, it wont uninstall. it shows me the administrator permission screen to uninstall it and after that nothing happens, i tried to uninstall it again...
  3. Cant uninstall microsoft onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant uninstall microsoft onedrive: i want to uninstall it because its so annoying see those sync logos on my files and other stuff, but when i go try to uninstall it, it wont uninstall. it shows me the administrator permission screen to uninstall it and after that nothing happens, i tried to uninstall it again...
  4. Cant uninstall microsoft onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  6. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  7. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

8. OneDrive Uninstalled disabled and still messing with my files

OneDrive Uninstalled disabled and still messing with my files: So one drive when it was installed loved to ruin my files and documents folders. so i unticked settings changed to save locally uninstalled and deleted leftover folders yet somehow by some effing miracle onedrives effing back and ruining my documents folder again. so programs...
  9. How to totally disable app without uninstalling it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to totally disable app without uninstalling it?: How do I totally disable app from running itself in background? Like it won't run until I open it? For example, VMWare. It starts its services the time i boot and i have to manually end its task but still there is a single immortal task which never dies. Is there any way i...
  10. What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens when you disable/uninstall OneDrive?: I know how to disable OneDrive but wonder what will take its place in the defaults for Word, Excel and Oulook's PST files among many other apps. Thanks. 122819

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens if you uninstall One Drive?

2. what happens when you dissconnect one drive

3. if i delete onedrive what happens